pregnancy and lsd in the first trimester

miss_amanda

Reaction score
I just recently found out that I am 8 weeks pregnant and I had no idea. I went to get an ultra sound because I have been bleeding almost non stop. I did like 4 hits of acid about 2 and half weeks ago and had no clue I was pregnant. Also I had been drinking and smoked some weed. I don't normally party the last time I did anything before that was the second week of augest. I haven't got my results of the ultra sound back yet. My gynacologist thinks it might be a possible misscarridge but I don't know yet. Can anyone tell me what might be happening or any advice on how much lsd could affect the baby.

Oh wow...Well you should probably tell your midwife about that if you havnt..It would be good info for her to no. Im not really sure what to say I didnt want to read and run. Im pretty sure that all that stuff you did would and will affect the baby :(

I read this and couldnt think of what to say. BUt I hope all works out in your favor, Whatever you wish to happen. Im here to support you NO MATTTER WHAT :hug:

:( poor soul, i hope all works out for you, don't take anymore of that shit babe, its not good for YOU let alone a tiny baby. i hope your results come out perfect
xx

Marijuana:
Common slang names: pot, weed, grass and reefer
What happens when a pregnant woman smokes marijuana? Marijuana crosses the placenta to your baby. Marijuana, like cigarette smoke, contains toxins that keep your baby from getting the proper supply of oxygen that he or she needs to grow.
How can marijuana affect the unborn baby? Studies of marijuana in pregnancy are inconclusive because many women who smoke marijuana also use tobacco and alcohol. Smoking marijuana increases the levels of carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide in the blood, which reduces the oxygen supply to the baby. Smoking marijuana during pregnancy can increase the chance of miscarriage, low birth-weight, premature births, developmental delays, and behavioral and learning problems.
What if I smoked marijuana before I knew I was pregnant ?According to Dr. Richard S. Abram, author of Will it Hurt the Baby, "occasional use of marijuana during the first trimester is unlikely to cause birth defects." Once you are aware you are pregnant, you should stop smoking. Doing this will decrease the chance of harming your baby.

PCP & LSD:
What happens when a pregnant woman takes PCP and LSD? PCP and LSD are hallucinogens. Both PCP and LSD users can behave violently, which may harm to the baby if the mother hurts herself.
How can PCP and LSD affect my unborn baby? PCP use during pregnancy can lead to low birth weight, poor muscle control, brain damage, and withdrawal syndrome if used frequently. Withdrawal symptoms include lethargy, alternating with tremors. LSD can lead to birth defects if used frequently.
What if I experimented with LSD or PCP before I knew I was pregnant? No conclusive studies have been done on one time use effects of these drugs on the fetus. It is best not to experiment if you are trying to get pregnant or think you might be pregnant.

Hope this helps I got this from another website
good luck and no matter how this turns out we are ere xxx

I really don't know what to say. But I'm sure that doing drugs throught a pregnancy is more harmful than a few at the beginning and then stopping. Luckily the last time I smoked weed was a few weeks before I fell pregnant, but I easily could have done it a few weeks later not knowing I was pregnant. Don't beat yourself up about it though, you didn't know you were pregnant and wouldn't have done it if you knew :)

I hope everything turns out well for you though *hugs*

my uncles Gf was smoking weed and doing speed thoughout her whole pregnancy and baby will be 2years old in april so hopfuly everything will work out ok

hey - to above poster starryeye31 - what kind of thing is that to say to someone who has come here asking for support?

It's best to ask your midwife and she can advise you what possible harm could have been done - but it's likely that she wont know as there have been very few studies done into it.

I'm sure that she will say that the amount you did at such an early stage will have no major effect on the baby, but she wont know for sure. Even if you did lose the baby, you would never know if it was the drugs that caused it.

Take care of yourself,and obviously don't take drugs for the rest of your pregancy!

If you are experiancing a miscarriage hun , There is nothing to suggest the trying of drugs you did caused this at all .
Try stay positive a scan may reveal a lovely healthy baby .
There is no point for me to say doing drugs pregnant or not is silly as you probably very much know that yourself hun . Most people try once something .
So i wish you a healthy pregnancy lots of sticky dust your way . xxxxx .

Im sorry hun i dont have any answers...i hope everything works out ok for you tho xxxx

At least 20% of pregnancies end in miscarriage so if the worst thing does happen please do not beat yourself up about it. As other posters have said, using drugs once will have a lot less impact on your baby that continued use.

And now you probably won't do it again anyway so no need for the preachy bit.

Good luck.

Hx

I hope that your pregnancy doesn't end in miscarriage, but please don't blame yourself if it does. You didn't know you were pregnant, I presume you weren't trying to get pregnant. Three years ago, before I was TTC, I went out with my girlfriends and literally drank a whole bottle of tequila. The next day I had a miscarriage, I felt so bad at the time even though I hadn't know I was pregnant, but since learnt that I have fertility issues and the mc was much more to do with that than the alcohol.

Starryeye - I wasn't being rude, I was pointing out that you have no idea if she is miscarrying or not, and you could have been more sensitive to the OP's feelings.

In one of my child development classes at college they talked about a pregnant woman freaking out because when she'd conceived she had been drinking and in the few weeks following. And the research she showed said that since it is so early major developments in the baby's systems hadn't happened yet so there wasn't anything to worry about it but I'm not sure about major drugs...I'd just find out for sure.

I think as long as it isn't a recurring thing in your pregnancy it should be okay- best wishes!

I'm sorry you're going through this hun, i'm sure if you knew you were pg you wouldn't have done that, and it was a one time thing, it's not as if it was continual use over months and months as someone had said. I hope yo receive some good results, we are here for you. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->