Pregnancy and periods! Help ladies!

JazzyKeem

Reaction score
has anyone found out that they were pregnant after they had a full normal period, then took a test when the next one never came and found out you got pregnant before the last period you had?! Stories and experiences would be appreciated! I think I'm going through this
:shrug:

Hmm noooo I definitely haven't lol. But perhaps you experienced implantation bleeding and confused it as a period? Was there any clotting? Apparently IB doesn't have clotting.

What makes you think you are so far along? Could you just be newly pregnant from this cycle?
I would get a blood test done to reveal your hcg levels. Good luck.

My last period began on the 18th of February and ended on the 23rd, it started a couple days early so I wasn't very surprised. I tested positive for pregnancy on April 13th, after missing my March period. At my last ultrasound they measured my baby at I think 15 weeks1 day, on the 29th of May. That would mean I was pregnant on my period, or two weeks after? Pregnancy math is wonky though, so now I'm just as confused as you.

Just checked on a calendar and it's consistent with a real AF on the 18th feb. Maybe a few days out but you may have ovulated a bit early or there is some margin of error with scans. Pregnancies are dated from the first day of the last period.

I've been having a similar issue. What I've read and heard is that some women can actually have a period for their first trimester. So it's comletely possible. Best of luck!

I did have an experience with this. The outcome wasn't good for me, but that has no reflection on the bleeding. I had a miscarriage when I was 19, I was in really bad heath and that is what caused it, not the having a period part... I just want that out there before you freak out and get worried.

I found out that I was 4.5 months along when I lost the pregnancy, I had never missed a period the only reason that I took a test was because something down there didn't feel quite right. There were clots, cramps and all of the trappings for PMS for me.

Please, don't let this alarm you, the bleeding wasn't indicative of the pending miscarriage. The doctor said that it is really rare, but there are women who have something like period bleeding, sometimes it is because the placenta attaches in a strange way or place, an imprefection in the uterus, implanting right around the cervix... Many things can cause this. Most women if they experience it will only have it for the first trimester, I wasn't one of those.

Do you remember if your uterus felt hard from the outside? When I push on mine it feels hard.

Sorry it took me so long to get back with you, I was gone all day yesterday.

I don't really remember. It seems like it was more like being the most bloated I ever felt like. My daughter in law is the same age that I was and she is expecting number two. At 15 weeks you would only tell if you knew, but her belly is very hard to the touch.

Like I said, I had a lot of health issues, but I wasn't even really showing at 4.5 months. I had no idea until the doctor did an ultra sound. I didn't gain weight, I wasn't swollen, my pants fit just fine, no increase or decrease in desire to eat. I had a bit of morning sickness, but I thought that I had a week long flu.

Thanks for the help! I'm not sure what is going on with my body. I've had slight bleeding for six days now and it's not heavy like usual, there is no tissue, and my periods never last this long. I'm just so confused. Should I be concerned yet?

Ashley have you had a positive test? If so I would contact your dr about the bleeding. It would be worth checking it out.

I have not had a positive test yet. I took one a month ago and it was negative. I also had a period. What is concerning about my situation? I'm really trying to figure this all out. I'm still new to ttcing.

has anyone found out that they were pregnant after they had a full normal period, then took a test when the next one never came and found out you got pregnant before the last period you had?! Stories and experiences would be appreciated! I think I'm going through this
:shrug:

Yes, some women experience a periods when pg but honestly, I don't know how common that is, it at least happen once before based on what Carrie wrote. How do you know you got pg before you last cycle? From hcg levels? Did you have an US already?

I've been having a similar issue.

I have not had a positive test yet. I took one a month ago and it was negative. I also had a period. What is concerning about my situation? I'm really trying to figure this all out. I'm still new to ttcing.

I may have missed something, but based on what you wrote, how are you in a similar situation if you don't know if you're pg?

I meant symptom wise. Similar does not equal identical.

My last period began on the 18th of February and ended on the 23rd, it started a couple days early so I wasn't very surprised. I tested positive for pregnancy on April 13th, after missing my March period. At my last ultrasound they measured my baby at I think 15 weeks1 day, on the 29th of May. That would mean I was pregnant on my period, or two weeks after? Pregnancy math is wonky though, so now I'm just as confused as you.

Based on the beginning of your last period you're only measuring a week ahead and that's nothing, that could just be how the tech measured the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->