Pregnancy and slimming world...

Kyliem87

Mummy of 1 Princess
Reaction score
Anyone else on a weight loss journey at the same time as being pregnant? It's been ok'd by my midwife to continue with slimming world which I'm thrilled I can cause I refuse to put back on the stone I've lost but is anyone else in the same boat?

:flow:

Me! But I haven't seen my ob yet, I'll see her by the end of august. I'm not on slimming world but considering joining online after speaking with my ob. I've lost weight and am within normal range right now but refusing to gain excessive weight like my previous pregnancy. I don't calorie count or go on low calorie diets but try to make sensible choices. I have a lot of fat kilos to lose lol and most if not all of it is on the belly!

Slimming world is great cause there's no calorie counting involved. It's more about how you cook everything and eating fresh made food every day rather than processed so you still have all your energy etc. with my daughter I maintained so after I had her I was 2.5 stone lighter but I put it all back on :dohh: so I'm hoping this time to have the tools to maintain and keep weight loss off this time! I'm also not being cheeky enough to think I will be so lucky this time to not gain any weight at all! lol

:flow:

yes i am... however i have only had one week where i haven't gained (i'm having twins) and it's actually getting quite depressing how much weight i have gained already! Not sure i will continue going every week, but i weight everyone and love doing that, it's about the only thing that makes me turn up each week now.

I had previously lost 5 and half stone.... and i can see myself gaining all that back at this rate :wacko:

I was earlier in the year and continued to lose weight but I've stopped now however stilltrying not to gain a huge amount. Xx

I'm thinking of joining sw, mainly because my ds is 11 months old and I'm 6 weeks pregnant. I put on 3 stone with him and havnt managed to lose any of it!! Lol I need some motivation xxx

Hi everyone! Due to having a slightly higher bmi and suffering in my last pregnancy from gestational diabetes I have been referred to lighten up service. Therefore I start slimming world free for 12 weeks from next week. I did slimming world after I had my son last year and it worked really well.
xxx

:happydance:

Yes! Me!! I got pregnant completely by surprise. I was actually working out regularly and had just lost 15 lbs over 3 months when I got pregnant. I was hoping to lost another 15-20 lbs before getting pregnant again. So, here I am trying to lose fat and that excess weight while being pregnant. I am trying to make sure my butt and legs don't get fat (they do not need to be any fatter).

My workout regimen hasn't been as good with fatigue and nausea, but somehow I'm still losing weight. I'm going to have to really watch myself in the 3rd trimester.

I wish I had the will power you ladies have! At my first midwife appt she said I was on the chubby side and should watch my weight closely ( wasn't as nicely put as that though lol) I have wanted to start ww for a while. Do you follow the same diet? Is it safe to start light exercise now? You here such conflicting advice. Good luck with it all ladies x

as far as i'm aware slimming world is the only weightloss programme that is supported by midwives to follow while pregnant - most of the others are too restrictive. I was advised that if i didn't exercise before then to stick to walking regularly and swimming x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->