pregnancy and the dentist

Michele1026

Reaction score
I have a chip in my tooth I just noticed its a annoying pain not hurting too bad but i dont wanna let it go and have the tooth crack worse. SO has anyone had any experience in this one, I know your not suppose to have x-rays and any other time this has happened not pregnant they take a x-ray and fill it, Well im "hoping" since its not a big chip they will numb it and just fill it, and later on we can check it more detailed.
One more thing to worry about ...LOL
Always something.

Thanks Girls.

I´ve got a problem with one of my teeth, recently went for a check up, but my Dentist said as long as its not giving me too much trouble, he would rather wait til I´ve given birth before he does anything. Mine will probably need a crown and I need a filling in another tooth, neither of them hurt too much, so I´m quite happy to wait it out.

He did say I should have my teeth cleaned properly a few times during the pregnancy, so I´ve got an appt for later this month and he said to make another about 6 weeks before the baby is due to have them done again.

Hth x

I´ve got a problem with one of my teeth, recently went for a check up, but my Dentist said as long as its not giving me too much trouble, he would rather wait til I´ve given birth before he does anything. Mine will probably need a crown and I need a filling in another tooth, neither of them hurt too much, so I´m quite happy to wait it out.

He did say I should have my teeth cleaned properly a few times during the pregnancy, so I´ve got an appt for later this month and he said to make another about 6 weeks before the baby is due to have them done again.

Hth x

i guess ill make a appt. to go in and see what she says, but I have soft teeth some im not comfy wait that long with a open tooth, wven if they throw some temp filling in there so the decay dont go further im fine. but i know my teeth if I wait it will crack worse and my dentist knows i dont have womderful tteth to begin with. ill keep you posted. TY

I hate dentists, they may be free during pregnancy but to me they are still scary lol

Well i'm 35 weeks preggo... Your not allowed mercury fillings or x rays ive had 3teeth removed, a front crack tooth filled and one temp filling so far in pregnancy.. Must admit the pain seems worse in pregnancy as your gums are more tender i had my last tooth removed 4weeks ago and still im in agony.. having my crack filled in my front tooth was nothing though as no injection was needed and it was over and done in minutes xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well im bacl from the dentist and that was nothing but PAIN !
but the tooth is fixed they had to drill it and did not numb it no X-ray just a fill and drill. she was as easy as can be but its still hurt. They things we do for our children , I swaer woman are so much stronger than men ! LOL
Im glad the tooth is fixed though, im off to take some tylenol and get a compress on my mouth.
Thanks everyone.

my doc told me that these days the levels of radiation in a tooth x-ray are very low - comparable to a few hours in the sun. It is not an x-ray directly to your belly - it is small adn localised to the tooth.

He said that if i do need anything doing he would always treat it as it is more dangerous to leave an infection ina pregnant lady than to x-ray and treat her. He said that an infection left untreated could spread to the blood and then to baby.

So if I have trouble i'm off to the dentist pronto!

my doc told me that these days the levels of radiation in a tooth x-ray are very low - comparable to a few hours in the sun. It is not an x-ray directly to your belly - it is small adn localised to the tooth.

He said that if i do need anything doing he would always treat it as it is more dangerous to leave an infection ina pregnant lady than to x-ray and treat her. He said that an infection left untreated could spread to the blood and then to baby.

So if I have trouble i'm off to the dentist pronto!

im better today but my dentist said for me it was nto good to wait i have weak teeth in general so she feels it wasnt too bad to just fix it and said later on in the pregnancy if we have anymore problems its safer for a x-ray but im glad its done and im not chewing anything hard for the next few months..lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->