Pregnancy and Trazodone?

Eliza_V

Wife and Mummy!
Reaction score
Hi!

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge or experience on combining pregnancy with Trazodone? It's taken me years to find the right antidepressant that works for me, and after the horrific PND I technically STILL have I do not want to come off it! The information online appears to be ambiguous, and the studies conducted have relatively small numbers of participants.

TIA xx

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge or experience on combining pregnancy with Trazodone? It's taken me years to find the right antidepressant that works for me, and after the horrific PND I technically STILL have I do not want to come off it! The information online appears to be ambiguous, and the studies conducted have relatively small numbers of participants.

TIA xx

you should probably contact your provider but I don't think youre supposed to take that while pregnant.

I'd call your doctor. I've been on trazadone, but not while pregnant so not sure about it. I know, like most other psychiatric meds, it's a class C drug, so the risks are unknown. I was on Seroquel when I got pregnant and my doctor had me taper off. He didn't want me on it while pregnant.

I will be mentioning it to them :) the annoying thing is I can't get an appointment until 2 weeks after the implant is out! And, tbh, I don't think I could be without it at the moment.

The catch 22 is part of my depression is due to the previous mismanaged traumatic birth, leaving me with a degree of bladder and bowel incontinence (bowel is worse) and they won't do any more surgeries until I 'complete my family' so I can't wait until I'm 'feeling better' or anything ... :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->