Pregnancy Announcement/Gender Reveal?

MummaBear16

Reaction score
Hi all :flower: I am looking for some inspiration!

So most people I know already know that I am pregnant again, but I haven't "announced" on FB to people I don't see regularly. I have been wanting to do a happy announcement but also include my angel baby we lost last year (as well as my 7 y/o), and didn't really know how to go about it, so I just haven't done it yet. Since I have left it so long, I figure I may as well wait until I know the gender next week and include that as well!

I am lost for ideas! :shrug: I guess the gender should be easy to include in to most announcements, but I am still not sure how I want to do it. My DP isn't much of a photo guy, so probably can't do a family photo without great difficulty.

Any ideas appreciated! TIA :flower:

For my gender reveal I'm doing a t shirt and having my son put his hands in either pink or blue paint and put them on my belly, then the next photo will be of him taking them off and showing the colour.
You could do the same but have a rainbow over the top of your child's handprints? As it's a rainbow baby?
Pinterest has given me so many ideas lol

How's about your 7 yr old releasing a balloon for Lincoln with a big Sister t shirt of some type on and saying when new baby is due? X

Both great ideas! It's going to be a hard choice!

One I had seen was with shoes to represent each family member, but I wasn't sure how to include lincoln in that without confusing people. I have some tiny knitted booties that were given to me by the hospital that I was thinking I could use, but not sure how to show that he is an angel, if that makes sense? I was thinking maybe something along the lines of a balloon tied to his booties, but was hoping I'd think of another way!

If you want to do the shoes idea, how about drawing or printing wings and setting Lincoln's booties on it (similar to this pic) ignore my terrible drawing lol!!

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1491272697694.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1491272697694.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 0
For my gender reveal, I wanted to do a smoke bomb on Amazon but the shipping took too long. So I settled for the old balloon pop (that we never popped). What I liked is it had three balloons but you didn't know which one had the confetti so you could shake it to find out and build suspense. I just used scratch cards from party city and decor from there and the dollar tree.

For my fb pregnancy reveal I attached. The woman who fostered the dog I adopted had really well trained dogs so she had them all laying in a row. The first had baby sunglasses on, the second had a folded onesie on his paws, and the third had blue baby shoes on his paws and next to them was a sign saying they were expecting. She was also super into photography so production value was crazy good. So I tried to get my dogs to do something similar but they are squirrelly

Attachments

• IMG_9349.jpg
    IMG_9349.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9351.jpg
    IMG_9351.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9152.jpg
    IMG_9152.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 7
Ooh the scratch card looks fun! I've never seen a gender reveal one before!! Love the photo :)

I have my scan in two sleeps, so as soon as I know the gender I will be planning my announcement. So excited!!

I wanted one that was more lottery card with the 3x3 array and you have to get like 3 of a sex to be right. So it would have 3 blue, 2 pink, and 4 random/blank squares it the one I went with was cheap and there lol

Excited for you!!!

Also I kept my reveal party to just family. I included friends by posting a status a few hours before for people to cast their votes, and wrote it on a chalkboard. I posted that with a picture of the decor and reveal and it was a nice way to include people without actually having them over lol

Maybe you could have a 2 picture frame, 1st picture your DS releasing a balloon with Lincoln written on it up to his baby brother, and the 2nd picture him presenting a balloon (blue or pink for an obvious gender reveal) to your bump?

Edit, just seen pretty much the same idea was already suggested!

I love all of the ideas!

This is what I have come up with so far.. thoughts?

Oh, and baby is a GIRL! :cloud9:

Attachments

• Collage 2017-04-12 08_03_48.jpg
    Collage 2017-04-12 08_03_48.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 18
Cute! And congrats on your girl! Personal aesthetic preference is that if you slant one you should layer them and slate them all. If that made sense

You're totally right! This is what I ended up with :)

Attachments

• Collage 2017-04-12 20_07_48.jpg
    Collage 2017-04-12 20_07_48.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 7
I know the bottom pics aren't slanted quite the same with the edges cut off :haha: oh well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->