Pregnancy ball..

Jft1

Reaction score
I've seen mixed reviews about pregnancy balls, some people saying they didn't do anything and other people saying they bounced for an hour and then contractions started.
So did you use one and did it do anything for you?
I'm only using it a little bit just now as I'm only 36 weeks and I want to get to at least 37 before I do anything that could encourage labour. Baby is head down and engaged (I'm not sure how engaged cause my midwife is pretty useless), but I plan to use it more after 37 weeks.
Also, did you bounce, rock, roll...

It's not a guarantee to bring on labor. The ball simply opens your pelvis to allow baby to bring baby down.

Rock, roll, bounce, any movement will help.

I bounced, bounced, bounced ....and bounced. Still went 12 days overdue. I'd been doing it since around 37 weeks. It did however help pelvic pressure and back pain.

I bounced, bounced, bounced ....and bounced. Still went 12 days overdue. I'd been doing it since around 37 weeks. It did however help pelvic pressure and back pain.
It's definitely helping with back pain. I'll be going off my head if I go 12 days overdue, I'm so done already. But I guess baby will come when they're ready!

It's definitely helping with back pain. I'll be going off my head if I go 12 days overdue, I'm so done already. But I guess baby will come when they're ready!

I was DEFINITELY going off my head. I ended up balling my eyes out to the midwife begging for an induction :dohh:

I had a sweep at 5 days overdue with DS , bounced on the ball all night while watching tv , went to bed disappointed only to wake up at 2am with contractions.

I do think it’s hit and miss really ball didn’t do anything when I used it with the girls .

I used a ball with my second. It can help baby to move into the correct position but doesn't necessarily bring on labour. Good luck :)

It didn't being on labour with my second either hun (didn't use one first time around), but it did help him drop and when I eventually got induced I was already 3 or 4 cms, something like that! It was also a super quick birth because my cervix was raring to go once given the push while induced lol it also helps with my back and my posture which usually I feel like an 80 year old with my back :rofl:

I’ve been bouncing since 28 weeks, at least 30 mins a night and I haven’t missed a night.
I’m now going on 37 weeks and he’s still happy inside lol.
They don’t bring labour on but they encourage baby into the right position, my little one has been head down since 20 odd weeks and engaged for the last 4 weeks or so
Xx

I bounced and rolled to help with pain only, however it didn't bring on labour.

Mine did nothing for me - I bounced for hours, did all the rocking and rotating... nothing started. Nowt was getting this chunky baba out though, he hadn't even engaged at 41+3.

Looking forward to using it as a computer chair when I go back to work so it wasn't wasted money. Should be comfortable and might help tighten stomach, pelvic muscles back up.

Mine did nothing for me - I bounced for hours, did all the rocking and rotating... nothing started. Nowt was getting this chunky baba out though, he hadn't even engaged at 41+3.

Looking forward to using it as a computer chair when I go back to work so it wasn't wasted money. Should be comfortable and might help tighten stomach, pelvic muscles back up.

Computer chair :rofl: it's okay my ball will end up being a giant football for the kids! Goodbye ornaments!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->