Pregnancy & being ill

MummyKP

Reaction score
What do you ladies have when you're ill? Ive got the worse cold ever, kept me up all night & I just feel dreadful! Do you ladies have any tips on easing a cold/feeling better when pregnant? What I'd do to take some cold & flu capsules now :(

Steam to clear the sinuses, chicken soup, glycerin drops are safe for your throat although just run them by your pharmacist to be certain and vaporub. Good luck xx

I had one cold with my daughter & took nothing. Not much help lol. Steam is all you can really do. Lots of drinks & a day or two in bed xx

I have a cold right now, sore throat, stuffy nose and just feeling blah. I'm doing nothing. When I'm pregnant I tend to take nothing. Just my own personal preference. So just trying to rest when I can and drink lots of fluids.

Some of the things I use are...
saline nasal spray
Vicks vaporub steam ,
olbas oil
Karvol plug in
Strepsils or other sore throat sweets
Gargling warm salt water
Drink lots and lots of fluids
Add honey and lemon to hot tea or hot water

Hope you feel better soon xx

I had a cold the first six weeks of pregnancy, it was awful and felt like it was never going away.

Vicks vapo rub helped, it's external so you're not really taking anything.

Drink lots of fluids, honey and lemon drink.

You can take tylonel for your throat, I know you said that's not your preference though. I also found some 99% honey cough drops. When my cough got really, really bad those helped. I actually ended up dislocating a rib from coughing so much so make sure you do take care of yourself.

Warmed up ginger beer, or lots of fresh lemon and honey in hot water. Steam and vapour rub. Oh and if you have a bad headache you get these migraine compresses that really help, they are safe during pregnancy. Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks for all the tips ladies, I've bought myself some honey to have honey & lemon water, really hoping that'll help somehow! Pharmacist told me to avoid Vicks/vapour rub so I left that on the shelf. Still feel horrendous & only on day 3, I can't take this horrible feeling much longer!! Thanks again ladies xx

I always get colds pregnancies, with my 1st I had 4, my 2nd I had 6 and this is my 1st so far in this pregnancy.
I got told all you can take is paracetmal. I always put vapour rub on the bottom of my feet and then put socks on while I sleep. helps a little

No reason given but I asked about Vicks & olbas oil and was told to avoid anything like that, use saline spray, steaming your face, and honey & lemon drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->