Pregnancy book suggestions

Eziana

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any suggestions for pregnancy books? I want one that's informative, but not fear-mongering. I already worry enough as it is!

Thank you ahead of time.:)

I have two favourites that are polar opposites to each other.

The first is a humerous one called "The rough guide to pregnancy and birth." It's by Kaz Cooke. I don't know if a US version exists and a lot of the info in the UK version is obviously relevant to UK mums. It is entertaining though with a mix of diary entries per week (for the experience of what it might feel like and what might happen during those weeks) and also more scientific factual information.

The other book I love is the Pregnant Body Book, which is a DK book and much more scientific than other pregnancy books. I studied sciences at A-level and am still fascinated by biology and embryology, so for me, this book is perfect! It's really interesting to see how the baby develops.

Okay, so there is one more :), the DK "the day by day pregnancy book" is also pretty good as you get a whole page per day to read, rather than per week. I did like that about it.

I am absolutely loving Belly Laughs, The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth By Jenny McCarthy

I'm in love with the Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy. I've had it through all of my pregnancies. It shows you even what the fetus looks like week by week and how it changes, how big it is, what develops at what week, symptoms throughout each week, how to prepare for labor/delivery and even had a miscarriage section which I thought was very useful especially when I had my mmc in July of 2015. It discusses the pros/cons of epidurals, spinal blocks, c-sections and naturally delivery (even has detailed pictures on dilation) so I highly recommend it! Talks about diets, what medications are ok, which are not and just about answers every question I had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->