Pregnancy Brain

lousielou

Mummy
Reaction score
I thought pregnacy brain was just an old wives tale... but I keep on doing stoopid things!! This afternoon, I decided to cook some sausages for lunch, so I switched on the grill, waited for it to heat up, and then stuck the sausages in to cook. After a couple of minutes I could smell something gross, so I hurried back into the kitchen to see what was happening... I had put the sausages under the grill, still wrapped in all their plastic wrapping. Doofus!

Anyone else doing nutty things? Please say I'm not alone! :D

Oh, me too! So far I've forgotten how to spell my name when signing for a parcel, and repeatedly stopped and stared at people I'm talking to because I've entirely lost my train of thought in mid-sentence. Embarassing, but I just shrug and go 'I've lost my train of thought... give me a minute, it's a short train and it'll be back soon!' I had some really thick moments when pregnant with Jonah. I asked my mother to take me to the store for something I needed, but when we got there I just stood in the doorway, looked at her blankly, and asked her why we were there. She didn't know what I was after, so we had to wander around the store until it clicked and I could recall what I wanted to start with!

Yes me too got my card blocked as forgot my pin 3 times at cash point, I have NEVER done that!! :rofl:

Also been forgetting where i put things......

Not so much now i'm nearing my third trimester (WOOHOO!) but during the first i was a nightmare! So much so that me and OH were watching tv, the adverts came on and i had to ask him what we'd been watching (even though it had only been a couple of minutes) because i just couldn't for the life of me remember.

Always get caught mid sentence trying to remember what the hell I was saying. Not quite as bad as before, but tis still an issue.

Me I am completly stupid now! its embarassing lol I do silly things like forget what I am at, put cereal in the fridge and general just all over the place. It was worse in the first trimester though, seem to have got some of my wits about me back.

and as i am typing this there was 100 typos which I have had to fix !DOHHHHHHHHHHH

Hahaha I've had this, but Danny's being very nice and has agreed to be my brain for the next 5 months :)
xo

i have been a little bit ditsy! I forget what im saying, i forget words, i can picture the thing in my head but cannot say it! I almost showered in my clothes today! I keep calling my dog and saying my OH's name (max is dog, sam is OH - both short so easily done i guess?!?!?)

Its seriously weird! I thought it was a load of tosh but obviously not lol!! I think the baby borrows our brain to help it map its own and so we are temporarily a bit brain dead while baby grows its own... lol xx

I have forgotten a few words too x

I leave things in strange places these days. I'll carry a book from the bedroom to the kitchen, get the milk out, put the book in the fridge, and bring the milk pitcher into the bedroom. I'll realize my mistake, take the milk back, put it in the fridge on top of the book, and then spend 20 minutes wandering around trying to find my book. Then I'll either forget what I'm looking for altogether, or forget the book's title, and give it up as a lost cause until the next time I want some milk when I'll scratch my head, wondering why there's a novel in the refrigerator. Baby brain is an odd state, but we're all going to feel like geniuses when it finally wears off :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->