Pregnancy Mucus Discharge *warning photo*

boobee

1 DD/Expecting No 2
Reaction score
I've noticed after a bowel movement and sometimes first thing in a morning that I've been having excess mucus. I've attached a photo, this is quite a lot, it's not like this daily, but this was after a BM.. it's my second pregnancy and I'm freaking out as I don't remember this in my first pregnancy and convinced it's my mucus plug (I didn't actually lose my plug in my first pregnancy so don't know what it looks like!). I'm only 16 weeks!
There is never any blood and it's not itchy or sore.

Attachments

• IMG_2602.jpg
    IMG_2602.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 38
Looks a lot like mine. I have a lot of it too. Don't think it's anything to worry about. Some ladies simply have a lot of discharge.

Thank you. It's my second pregnancy but completely different to my first so it's all new again!

Looks normal to me, I have had that and more in each pregnancy and there was no problem or infection, etc xxxx

It's ok as long as it doesn't have a smell or have a green tinge to it x

Looks normal to me.

Tmi... i think when you poo because you push it makes more discharge come out. I get a lot just like this after a poo or in am.

I lost mucus plug at 30w with ds and trust me its A LOT more than this. And is a different texture and colour etc..

Thank you, I feel much better! Who knew 2 pregnancies could be SO different!

Im pg with twins and went in with this yesterday,midwife not worried and not bloody or anything,plus no other symptoms etc even if its pkug they do regenerate xx

I'm popping in from first Tri, but I've had this in all but my first pregnancy. Tons of it. Different colors, too. Even green! It never signified anything bad. I've gotten tested so many times. No infections or anything.

Very normal iv had it with all of my pregnancy I call it pregnancy snot lol

It's completely normal. I've had some like that this pregnancy, especially in first tri.

To follow up on my previous reply i was checked and swabbed and all was ok,spoke to consultant and she said its likely just bits of loose plug thats normal to loose if doing too much.she also said as long as no blood its not a concern xx

To follow up on my previous reply i was checked and swabbed and all was ok,spoke to consultant and she said its likely just bits of loose plug thats normal to loose if doing too much.she also said as long as no blood its not a concern xx

That's good to know. Thanks for the update. I find I have more when I haven't had enough water. If I'm properly hydrated it is very scant.

I wasnt over dehydrated but she did say to make sure i drink plenty,if dehydrated can cause that aswell as cramping and mild contractions x

I wasnt over dehydrated but she did say to make sure i drink plenty,if dehydrated can cause that aswell as cramping and mild contractions x

Yep I would agree with her. On the days I have less water I feel crampy and get more discharge. It reminds me to drink more tbh but I'm pretty good with my water intake so it's only on rare occasions. Love how the human body tells us things by giving us symptoms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->