Pregnancy not progressing

Want2BMomX3

Reaction score
I am 6w1d today. I got the call yesterday from my doctor. My hcg went from 3100 to 3600 in just under 48 hours. The pregnancy is not progressing normally. I can't stop crying. I've been in bed since yesterday evening. I have another appointment Monday, my husband's birthday, to confirm that there's nothing in the sac (there wasn't last week) and draw more blood. This would've been my husband's first and I am feeling so much sadness and guilt. I know it's not my fault, but I'm AMA. I feel like it is. I don't know how to move forward. part of that is not knowing if there was anything to mourn. It could have been a blighted ovum for all I know. I was supposed to see the heartbeat Monday.
I don't really have a question, I guess. Im not really sure why I'm posting this.

Oh hun... I'm so sorry for what you're going through.

At 7w6d we had our first appointment where we saw our baby, with a heartbeat and swinging legs and all. At 10w2d, last wednesday, at our second appointment suddenly everything changed. Our baby's heart had stopped beating at around 8w3d...
I cried for 2 straight days. I have never felt so much sadness both emotionally as physically. Thursday everything got confirmed at the hospital. We also spoke to an ob-gyn about what to do now. My OH and I decided to wait for an extra week for our baby to naturally miscarry. Since my body doesn't progress at all in letting the baby go, we also scheduled a d&c surgery for monday the 30th. I'm not scared of the surgery at all, but the waiting and feeling so lost in the meantime is the worst. When distracted I feel somewhat ok, but right after reality hits hard every time.
We created such a big place in our hearts for this baby that feels so empty now. My man is the best and comforts me in every way, but the feeling of being a mom I can't explain to him.

I'm not trying to compare any of our stories, cause everyone's one on their own. I guess I just wanted to let you know what feelings I have experienced and how sorry I feel for you. I wish you so much strength and love from your DH and loved ones.

I hope you're doing alright since the procedure. I had a D&C for fertility boosting in February. The recovery was several days for me. It was really rough.
I'm in the waiting boat now. We went last week at 7w6d and there was an embryo with no heartbeat and only measuring 6w6d. I am now 8w5d and have spent the past week crying. I've had bleeding and have an appointment tomorrow to figure out if we need to do anything or just more waiting. It's horrible. I've never experienced anything so completely heart wrenching. I'm really not sure how to move forward. I'm not really pregnant anymore...or am I until this is over? It's a terrible limbo.
My husband is trying so hard. Last week at the doctor's office, in his words, was the worst day of his life. He's been constantly supportive. He gets to distract himself and forget for short periods, though. I can't. Every time I do, I move wrong and start cramping and thinking about what is still there.
Sorry for the rambling. I just dread tomorrow so much.

Oh hun... I'm so sorry for what you're going through.

At 7w6d we had our first appointment where we saw our baby, with a heartbeat and swinging legs and all. At 10w2d, last wednesday, at our second appointment suddenly everything changed. Our baby's heart had stopped beating at around 8w3d...
I cried for 2 straight days. I have never felt so much sadness both emotionally as physically. Thursday everything got confirmed at the hospital. We also spoke to an ob-gyn about what to do now. My OH and I decided to wait for an extra week for our baby to naturally miscarry. Since my body doesn't progress at all in letting the baby go, we also scheduled a d&c surgery for monday the 30th. I'm not scared of the surgery at all, but the waiting and feeling so lost in the meantime is the worst. When distracted I feel somewhat ok, but right after reality hits hard every time.
We created such a big place in our hearts for this baby that feels so empty now. My man is the best and comforts me in every way, but the feeling of being a mom I can't explain to him.

I'm not trying to compare any of our stories, cause everyone's one on their own. I guess I just wanted to let you know what feelings I have experienced and how sorry I feel for you. I wish you so much strength and love from your DH and loved ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->