pregnancy on social networks RANT

I went well over 20 weeks before we made the announcement. I had a lot of trouble at the beginning of my pregnancy and I couldn't handle explaining what was going on to more then my immediate friends. I hate it when a large announcement is made over facebook so we sent out actual cards to close friends and family.

I try to keep my posting limited about our daughter I know that not everyone wants to know my every waking thought. But I also know I have to sift through everyone else's candy crush posts so they can put up with my posts every once in a while.

My mom mentioned I don't post anything bad and I laughed and told her I save my whining for those that call me. My 4 best friends just got a shout out today on my FB for dealing with my indecision/whining/questions/worry about my daughter.

I try to keep the "drama" level about my baby low.

As far as rivalry I can say I have some of that going on. My husband and I have been together 7 years and I *thought* this was going to be "our" year to have a baby. Then I had 4 cousins announce they were pregnant before I got to (and they are all due after me!!). But I spoke with my sister and then felt bad because I stole some of her thunder because she was married this year!

With as often as I check FB I like to see more updates then less but that is just me!

The only thing that annoys me is when there is that one person that writes nothing but sad and depressing statuses all the darn time!! But there is a hide/delete button there for a reason ;)

The only thing that annoys me is when there is that one person that writes nothing but sad and depressing statuses all the darn time!! But there is a hide/delete button there for a reason ;)

YES!! I don't mind people being happy and positive, but negative all the time is hard to handle!

Does anybody else find it annoying when as soon as somebody is expecting it becomes a constant post/status? Im 34wks and my sister is also pregnant, she's 16 weeks and she updates fb every few days with a picture and information about her doctor appointments, movement etc. She's not even showing yet. Maybe its my hormones but its excessive! Nobody needs to know every advancement in your pregnancy, especially not this earlier. Phew just needed to vent!

I didn't post anything about my pregnancy till after 20 weeks. Mostly because work didn't know (I'd just started there) and I didn't want everyone to know just yet.

My motto is "don't like what I post, delete it". I have friends that I don't read their posts because I don't like it but it doesn't "annoy" me. I read someone one time that was fussing about people posting kids on their facebook. I have friends and family that I don't see and would like to see my kids grow. It's a way of life. If you don't like, why even have an account? Sorry I'm in a bit of a bitchy mood today.

As others have said, as soon as I start getting annoyed with people's posts, I hide them. Pretty simple, and they still get to share whatever they want to share!

I just hide people if they irritate me. After all, it is a site to share everything... if I'm going to use it, I expect to see people, well, sharing everything! I deactivated my Facebook since it was taking up too much time and I have little self-control when it comes to it, but I still use Instagram.

In fact, a friend told me that people share too many pictures on Instagram the other day. I mean, isn't that the point? I am on it to look at everyone's pictures. I like it when people post lots!

I'm annoying. :/ I don't post daily or anything, but probably still a lot. I'd say a third of my posts are baby related, another third are DD related and the rest is everything else. My family is all 500 miles away, so I post every u/s and dr appt update because it's easier than calling everyone individually. I know some of my friends couldn't care less and I'm ok with that; they can ignore or delete it. It's still my fb, so I'm gonna post what I want, lol.

I delete all the "here's my side job" posts and the abused animal pics people like to share (why?), so I'm cool if people do it to mine.

I feel like this is a "know your audience" kind of situation
My Facebook is ONLY super tight family and friends. I only keep it because people I love are scattered across the planet. Everyone was super excited to hear/see that I was pregnant. (Most people knew we had been trying, everyone knew I always wanted to be a mom) I posted my first ultrasound with a comment about "your mom" jokes.

I'm one of the first of my friends to really be having kids too though. So, I also know that most of my friends don't really care about every tiny little detail. That being said, I mostly just post the same things I always did. Silly jokes, the latest cooking disaster and whatnot. The latest being a youtube song called "Pregnant women are smug".

I plan on posting big things (announcing, whether it's a boy or a girl...idk stuff like that) and maybe anything that is amusing.
I'm really excited, but I prefer to share my excitement in real life with my family and friends.

I've only posted a little bit on facebook. Mostly the first "announcement", sex of the baby, some ultrasound pictures, and maybe a few statuses here and there.

I know that the majority of the people on my list would get annoyed with the constant updates, so I honestly just don't bother - which is really fine by me. If someone wants to know something, they'll ask me. Otherwise, I only ever really talk about it a lot to DH and my mom (who is over the moon) (anyone else, IRL, I really don't talk about it unless they ask me).

It doesn't bother me when people post or talk about baby a lot. I've realized over the last few years after having been around a lot of pregnant women that everyone is different in regards to their own pregnancy. My SIL rarely ever said anything about hers. You'd have to ask her if you wanted to know something. My coworker on the other hand, had a lot of FB updates (not a ton), but in person it'd be baby this and baby that. I just feel like everyone is different as far as how "vocal" they are about their pregnancy. If it becomes too excessive, there's always the option of deleting/hiding, but it just really doesn't bother me as I know it can be a very exciting time.

It does get annoying but then so do loads of things on fb. If you dont like it just delete them or hide them if its someone you dont want to offend. Theres worse things people post then been happy about their pregnancy or children. Ive only announced after 12 week scan, nothing else pregnancy related so far, but I did go mad with baby photos in Los first year. The one thing I never do is post anything negative about pregnancy or motherhood, you dont know what situations people are going through ttc etc and I dont think fb is the place to moan about that kind of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->