Pregnancy positives

Experiment13

Reaction score
As we near the end of our pregnancy and are getting sick of it, how about to look at the positives of being pregnant? These are some of mine:

1. I am actually a better person since I've been pregnant. I slowed down, stopped being such a hard-a$$ and just mellowed out in general. I know this is opposite of what hormones do to women while pregnant, but I think I was so hard before, that pregnancy hormones made me more feminine and easier to tolerate. At least husband says so. :)

2. I've read a lot! Since I had plenty of time on my hands, my Kindle has been very busy in the past 7 months. With many nights of breastfeeding ahead of me (and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I last through it), I am hoping to read that much more.

3. Husband and I got a lot closer. We car pull to work now and spend a lot of time together. He has been the most wonderful dad-in-training (I get my feet rubbed every single night; he resists a bit, yes, but he still does it) and has been so wonderfully, selflessly supportive of everything. I love watching him go through this with me and enjoying it.

4. I've connected with many other pregnant women and mothers in ways I have never been connected to women before. It feels like we are all part of this club that I never knew existed.

5. Friends helping with amazing advice, gifts and support. This one is amazing - never felt that much love in my life.

6. I've discovered comfortable clothing and its benefits. Not sure if I will ever wear anything tight or high again. Yuck! :)

7. Learning all the pregnancy jargon. As someone who did not know a darn thing about pregnancy, it was crazy to learn all the things that go with it. For a while, all I did was read and I felt my head will explode. Gestational fetal perineum fallopian what?

8. I've spent, if my math is correct, about 600 hours in the last seven months on the couch, napping. I have not allowed myself this, like, ever.

9. One word: boobs! I got them! They are actually there. I know it's downhill from here (literally), but hey, at least they were there for a while.

10. Moisturizing habit. Stretch mark paranoia made me oil up several times a day during the entire pregnancy. No dry skin during winter was a very nice change.

11. The attacks of love for baby/fetus. This feeling is completely unknown to me and I've had many weeping fits where I just can't express how much I love this little being growing inside of me.

That's all I can think for now (while my feet are swollen, I am definitely wobbling, baby is kicking my ribs and these three weeks ahead can't move fast enough).

How about you? :)

I love all of it to be honest, I'm very lucky and carry babies really easily. Might be something to do with being nearly 6 foot tall :dohh:

Number one thing at the moment, guessing the body parts that poke out :haha:

Nice thread :thumbup:

Oh and second thing my belly button has popped out :yipee: never did with my son so this is exciting :dance:

I've loved being pregnant (spesh as I've had it soo easy) :) I'm getting impatient now but I still love the fact that I'm growing my baby in my belly :) x

mmmmm, no dreaded monthly! I know there are lots of great things about pregnancy, but this I LOVE!

I too love being pregnant! Despite all the aches and pains, here are my fave things about it:

1) Having Gryffen all to myself for 9 whole months...soon he'll be bombarded with hugs and kisses from everyone!

2) A new found appreciation and love for my husband. Sounds a little cheesy, but my husband is the father of my child and the love I feel for him as definitely grown and changed a little since we've become pregnant.

3) It's been helping my body image. All through high school (I'm only 20) I suffered from bulimia and I've always been extremely worried about my body and appearance. Being pregnant has honestly changed my whole view on my own body...I'm growing a person for pete's sake!

:hugs:

Im loving..

- Having a little person wriggling about inside me.
- Not having periods has been great
- How people at work are wrapping me in cotton wool and they are being nice to me for once!
- People seem to be genuinely interested to ask how things are going and instead of making small talk we actually have something to talk about.
- Im so much happier with my body. Ive always been on the large side but being pregnant has kinda made me appreciate my body and OH has seen a lot more of it! (even with all the stretchmarks!)

Ooh i love this thread, i agree with pippen,

I love guessing what part of baby is poking out, im like " oh look look this must be his foot," and my oh acts as a dr, "well actually, it feels like a knee" then i have to watch him act out the whole positon of baby. I just have to get a photo.

I love that my lil girl, whos 6 curls up into my right hand side, oh so carefully lifts up my shirt and places her hand on my stomach, then settles down 4 her sleep.

I love that when i was having a nap i woke to find a lil handprint drawn on my tummy saying "jaydas spot" i asked my daughter, she said "I was letting dad know he had to find him his own spot. Lol, they love to fight over the best spot.

I love food, lol, i love how my appetite has grown. I have psos,so my "aunty flo" stays for over a week & is very heavy. So being as little as I am, i can never put on the weight i would like. Well with her/that gone I can gain some well needed FAT, hee hee and im loving it. I finally got curves too, yeh me.

I love knowing that IM growing a baby, no one else but ME. I am in charge of a little being that in return will only ever ask for love from me. And that my kisses and hugs will heal, protect and give love and meaning to him.

Oooh and I love shopping in the boys section now. (clap clap)
Ooh And i love saying i have a Son and a Daughter. A Son ...... Yah wahoo

I love being pregnant, just don't appreciate my Active Labor and Back Labor pains :(. Tired of all these contractions :(.

1. I don't have to think 'if I eat this I might get fat'. I am going to have a sticky out belly anyway, so the extra cake won't make any difference :)

2. No period!

3. Realising that I can actually carry a baby!

4. Baby wriggling and sticking out her body parts (although, in the middle of the night, this is less enjoyable!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->