Pregnancy radar

kate.m.

Mummy to Travis
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like they have this???

Just did my weekly shop, and the amount of pregnant people there! My god! It was actually a bit too much for me, and i got really emotional and sulky- i was sulking around the entire supermarket! lol! When we left, i said to hubby "Ive never seen so many pregnant people at once before!" and he said "where? I didnt notice any!" I think that maybe ive just developed a radar that makes every single pregnant woman stand out!
Even when i was chatting to a 5 month pregnant friend, i mentioned it to him and he just said he didnt notice! I was like- she had a huge freaking bump (coz she was quite skinny before)! And he just said that he tends to look at peoples faces, not their stomachs! men!

I guess that a common trait. I also seem to see more pregnant women than ever before xD

Happens to me too! I also notice loads more prams and buggies and pushchairs etc.

My brain seems set on preggers scan too. I'm walking down the street and classify everyone into pregnant, not (obviously) pregnant and not sure, lol. And when I see someone who is pregnant I have to try not to stare at their bump and guess how far along they are!

I definitely think that when it's on your mind, you are more alert to people. I remember talking to hubby one day about babies and later that day he commented on how many babies and pregnant women he saw!!!!
x

Omg i was just about to post this! I noticed this to while i was in town today. I got abit down about it. I want to be one of those pregnant girls waddaling down the high street.

yep!! i'm always noticing!! i can't wait for bump no 2!!!

Yup, I notice it a lot more too. Can't wait for it to be me!

K x

Any one else able to spot the little bumps that my OH thinks is just fat?

LOL Ive always noticed pregnant women. I dont get jealous though, my feelings are more like"Oh bless them!" and look forward to doing it again. Your time WILL come though honey and after you have your 1st you wont ever feel quite as jealous awful about it for the next one, if that makes any sense? I remember feeling the exact way you did before I had my 1st, it isnt nice.

x

i think the reason that we see more pregnant women is cos its summer ! and they dont have there big coats on wrapping them up thats all. Thants what my mum always said anyway lol

It's babies, not bumps, for me. I have to stop myself staring at the cute little faces and hands and fingers and tiny fingernails...

But even in Summer i usually didnt see so many pregnant women xD

Yeah I totally agree with this!

I have a crap gaydar (I thought OH was gay when I 1st met him) but my Pregidar is really good! I swear I can almost tell when girls are pregnant before they've missed a period!
Sell me in superdrug and pee on me and I'd get the answer right everytime!

Although the peeing on me isn't my kinda thing.........

I can't tell whether it's just because this is the first summer I've been broody but I'm sure there are more pregnant women around than usual.

I saw a girl who couldn't have been older than 14/15 heavily pregnant, eating a greggs and wearing a tight velour tracksuit in mint green (I swear I'm not making this up!) and she had a fag in her hand aswell. I was so angry at her, well actually her parents really!

Why is it that us lot are so desperate and are waiting when there are people like that who haven't planned the child, and you just know exactly what kind of life that baby is going to have, it makes me want to cry.

Sorry totally went off on one there just a bit :hissy: today

xxx

oh yeah even OH are noticing now even when i turn the tv on there is some one pregnant,

i can sense if someone is pregnant even if there is no bump

I said the same last night to my husband - where did all the babies and pregnant women come from? and he said the same as you OH...that he didn't notice any or any more than usual. He thought it was funny and just me being broody (then later I did hear him tell his mother that he'd noticed babies everywhere when out and about with me and it was hard as we are wanting to TTC so much!! haha, so he does think the same just doesn't let on to me)

They're all on tv too!! 1st i watch juno (ok, so i rented it... kinda my own fault there!), then its the episode of friends when rachel gives birth, then i switched to 90210 (or whatever theyre callin it now) and a young girl on there is heavily pregnant. I thought, right, thats it, im just gonna watch the music channel... but, oh wait..... its "the tide is high" by atomic kitten... the 1 where she's wiggling her big baby bump about!!! I switched off in the end! lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->