• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

pregnancy rhinitis (Who else has got this?)

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
I have got it severely, and up until tonight I had no idea that it basically could not be eased at all.
I had been suffering from this from the word go but it vanished for a few weeks and has now returned with avengence. It's REALLY affecting my day-to-day life, ie: sleeping, breathing, swollowing......

Tell me Im not alone, please. It is REALLY getting to me.:hissy: :hissy:
Who else has had this and how long did it last for you?:hi:

I am so sorry babe, I got your PM but I have never heard of this so I will be of no help!

I hope there is something that can make life more comfortable for you, I would suggest getting in touch with your MW or GP to ask for advice!

Take care babe and hope it eases for you :hugs:

I am so sorry babe, I got your PM but I have never heard of this so I will be of no help!

I hope there is something that can make life more comfortable for you, I would suggest getting in touch with your MW or GP to ask for advice!

Take care babe and hope it eases for you :hugs:
Hey Tam, thanks for the reply :) I think I should have made it a little easier and called it CONGESTION lol, but its very very severe, extremely. I used the proper name for it because otherwise people would think I just have a cold.

I had alot of nosebleeds when I was pregnant is it caused by the same thing?

I had alot of nosebleeds when I was pregnant is it caused by the same thing?
Yep, it's something to do with severe swelling of the sinus's, increased blood flow.
I had it for 2 months straight when I first found out I was pregnant, I was blaming it on EVERYTHING in my house until I asked my DR.
Now it's returned and is causing so much discomfort I just dont know what to do. I got just 2 hours sleep last night. Thankfully no nosebleeds, but if I keep blowing the way I am doing, Im sure I will get some.
That must have been scary for you? I have NEVER had one nosebleed in my life.

i get this too, I had it on each of my pregnancies along with nose bleeds. Its horrible so i can sympathise!

Hope it clears up soon for you

x

sweetie, you ARE NOT ALONE. I can't even SWALLOW mine is plugged so tightly -and when I sleep, my tongue and mouth turn into furry cotton balls, it's AWEFUL when I'm awake, and makes me cry when I'm trying to sleep ... but I have GOOD news for you if you'd like ...?? My ob told me it was OK TO USE AFRIN AND NASALCROM to help this!!! So, I snort the AFRIN right before I lay down, and it at LEAST lets me FALL asleep breathing through my nose, until it plugs up again 2 hours later ... hmmmm ...?? But it helps for a little bit?? It's safe, and I use it ALL THE TIME -otherwise, i could not EAT because everytime I swallow, my EARS pop and it makes this loud obtrusive noise coming from my mouth, throat and nose ... it's aweful -so I KNOW where you are coming from ... see if your ob will let you use the nasal sprays above, I know that when MINE said yes, it was a LIFE SAVER!!! And still is ...

Hope for the BOTH of us, that it gets better ...... :(

:hissy:

I hope this has cleared up now louise.
I have had a really bad cold and catar which has been making me sick but dont know if its down to morning sickness!
I hate not being able to breath and love the smell of vic but dont know if its safe to sniff. My ears also pop and grind when eating which is annoying.
I have also had a blood shot eye but dont think this is connected.:dohh:

I cant say I have.... I have been sneezing much more than usual but im putting that down to hay fever, x

I tried vics nasal spray and was laying down and it went down my throat so now ive got congestion, a sore throat and a blood shot eye!:-({|=

Not doing too well but not complaining .... much!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"