Pregnancy Skincare?!

GoldenRatio

Reaction score
Hey ladies, i just wanted to get some suggestions on what skincare products i should be using to deal with pregnancy acne.

I had acne before pregnancy too but i could use acne skincare products to get it under control. But i searched online and it seems like acne fighting ingredients are not safe to use during pregnancy.

Im currently using Estee Lauder Night serum and Aveeno Calming face lotion as my moisturizer. Cetaphil oily skin cleanser and thats about it.

I really need to find a way to deal with acne because i got full face of acne before i got bfp... where is the pregnancy glow:wacko:

Have you tried lush products? Amazing stuff and it's natural. Not sure about creams and serums there, but their "angels on bare skin" scrub I've been using for over a year and it helps a lot. They also have one called "angels with dirty faces" which is generally better for acne prone skin an oil as is has charcoal in it but it dried my skin out. Look for products with natural astringents and anti bacterial properties like witch hazel, lavender or tea tree oil, or go for something with charcoal. Also salicylic acid is great but not entirely certain if it's fine for pregnancy, pretty sure though. Been spotty all my life, I know your pain lol

Also! Mask of magnaminty form lush is great! Honey and tea tree but if you're gonna get it get the self preserving one. The workers are really good for letting you get a sample of a product as well

hey hun! im using Lush sea salt scrub right now to dry the acne and thats because i had it at home handy. I tried Mask of magnanimity before and didnt think it was doing anything for my skin other than drying it.

I will def try angels on bare skin

I found my skin was congested during my first pregnancy, so I used the Saint Ives apricot physical scrub, and it cleared up my bumpy skin. I remember AHA products being safe but my skin was too sensitive to handle them.

This time around I use whatever cleanser I have in rotation at the time, and the apricot scrub on occasion (1-2x/week). I also use a CeraVe face lotion and Oil of Olay Micro sculpting fragrance free serum, as well as a good SPF in the mornings when we are out.

When I wear more makeup than a basic 5 minute face, I use a cleansing oil or Micellar water to remove my makeup first (right now I have and use the Sephora cleansing oil).

I use AHA's and Vitamin C. I've kept my skincare the same except discontinued the use of retinol. I tried to stop using everything but I think it sent my skin into shock because that was the only time I got breakouts. Since then, skin and baby have been fine.

Well I had acne before the pregnancy so I was using retin-a-micro gel for it and it worked great. Since I can't use it anymore, my skin looks horrible.

I printed the list of chemicals that I need to stay away so I'm gonna go thru my skincare , makeup and haircare products. Hardest one is paraben, seems like it's hard to avoid.

I went and got apricot scrub and it definitely dried the acnes, hopefully I control it with the scrub and some tea tree oil.

I use a non-oily moisturizer Cerave. It has glycerin in it to attract moisture to your skin without clogging pores. With breakouts take as hot a cloth as you can handle & dab the spot repeatedly throughout the day. The heat rushes your blood to it and cleans it from the inside. Anything red and angry and I put a tiny dab of the polysporin with hydrocortisone, just a tiny dab and it heals it quickly while not allowing it to scar... perfectly safe for pregnancy. https://www.m.webmd.com/baby/news/2...reams-during-pregnancy-wont-affect-baby-study
I use the same soap as you do. I find the more expensive the product they likely contain oil, or silicone both which clog up my skin. The best brands without oil, fragrance, and silicone that pharmacies keep behind the counter for clinical treatment of acne and sensitive skin are Dormer (their clay mask is great) and CeraVe, both don't cost much either. Neutragena eye cream is my fav too.

I hav cerave too but I hav the spf one n noticed it gave me more acne.

Oh cortisone works for acne?

I hav cerave too but I hav the spf one n noticed it gave me more acne.

Oh cortisone works for acne?

If you've broken out and it's red and healing the polysporin 1% hydrocortisone heals them up really fast. I was told to use it on my baby's bottom when she had no immune system @ 2 months and it healed her up in a few days so I asked my GP about it and she said it would be ok to heal up the last stages of a break out. Any mountains or 'hills' need to be first reduced & cleansed with hot water treatments.

Well it's good that you have tried CeraVe, it really is a well-rated cream. Any SPF will very likely clog pores though because they have solid minerals like zink or titanium oxides in them. We just don't need that on our skin unless we're outside for a hiven length of time. And then wash it off really well.

Well nothing worked so far...I look like little boy that just hit puberty lol

I search lots and found that African Black Soap works great for pregnancy acne and also Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing so i ordered both. Hopefully comes fast and works!

I've been using Belli products specifically designed for pregnant women - I decided to start using even while TTC. Stay away from anything with retinol or salysilic acid. I use Belli face wash and acne treatment, Cetaphil facial moisturizer, yes to blueberries eye firming cream, and Bliss incredi-peel daily facial peel. I also use mostly bare minerals cosmetics. For body lotion I use the honest company's lotion and for shampoo and conditioner Shea Moisture. I did a lot of research on toxicity before I picked all of these. This site is a big help ...you can enter or scan a product and it will tell you it's toxicity rating: www.ewg.org.

I've been using Belli products specifically designed for pregnant women - I decided to start using even while TTC. Stay away from anything with retinol or salysilic acid. I use Belli face wash and acne treatment, Cetaphil facial moisturizer, yes to blueberries eye firming cream, and Bliss incredi-peel daily facial peel. I also use mostly bare minerals cosmetics. For body lotion I use the honest company's lotion and for shampoo and conditioner Shea Moisture. I did a lot of research on toxicity before I picked all of these. This site is a big help ...you can enter or scan a product and it will tell you it's toxicity rating: www.ewg.org.

I saw Belli but its not available in Canada and by the time i get it shipped here, its like double the price.

Bummer. Honestly I've seen the biggest improvement in my hormonal acne with Bliss incredi-peel. I used to use Dr. Gross's Alpha Beta peel but it's not good for pregnancy or TTC (lots of chemicals) but I checked Bliss and it was rated a 1 on the toxicity scale.

Im gonna look into that! I also heard some Murad products are safe to use too.

I used to love these pads, do you think they are safe to use?

https://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod510144

I used to love these pads, do you think they are safe to use?

https://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod510144

I just checked them on that website I use and they have a toxicity rating of 5 (out of 10) - due to several different parabens and added fragrance, among some other ingredients but parabens are given a 7 and fragrance an 8. They gave it "moderate" developmental concern. I like to stay 3 and below on things I use every day, personally, but I'm a bit OCD lol.

I tried to use that link u provide but got lost! do i need to make an account?

At the top of their home page there is a search bar where you can enter the product name. They also have an app EWG's Healthy Living which is a little simpler. Hope that helps!

At the top of their home page there is a search bar where you can enter the product name. They also have an app EWG's Healthy Living which is a little simpler. Hope that helps!

ah figured it out finally, couldnt find some of my makeup on there but its a great source! thank u for that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->