Pregnancy symptoms and sex of baby?

goofy

mum of 2
Reaction score
Just thinking about pregnancy symptoms and wether or not they are related to what sex your child is going to be ....

This is my third pregnancy - my first two pregnancys were very different but both were girls ... my 1st i had really bad ms for 5 months - everything about the pregnancy as i remember it was difficult. The 2nd preg i had no symptoms at all, the whole pregnancy was amazin , no ms hardly any aches and pains -

This time round i would say its a cross between the two lol ... iv been sick once or twice but not too much - n i feel like ive got really big really quick in comparison to previous 2. Im confused .... do u think sex and preg symptoms are related???

Any thoughts?

i dont think preg symptoms and sex of baby are linked at all, with brendan i was so so sick until about 5 months it was awful culdnt keep anyting down, this time iv hardly been sick at all a few times thats all, and i still think this one is a boy (although i havent had a scan or anything ts just what i think)

my friend had 4 boys 0 girls and she had all different pregnancy symptoms, i dont think symptms and sex are linked at all

I agree! I don't think there is any link between symptoms and gender of the baby.

All my pregnancies were the exact same - no morning sickness, no cravings, etc.

I've had one girl, one boy and my next little boy is due soon.

This is my first, so I don't have anything to compare it to but I was very ill with morning sickness up until about 16 weeks, and now my sciatica is very bad (although I broke my back in an accident recently, so that doesn't help) and most days I have stomach cramps and headaches. Surprisingly I don't mind, I think I've just got used to it. I'm having a little girl.

Scientifically, there is no link between symptoms and gender. There's is a link between symptoms and the father though, so if you have kids with different dads then you are likely to have more different pregnancies.

Scientifically, there is no link between symptoms and gender. There's is a link between symptoms and the father though, so if you have kids with different dads then you are likely to have more different pregnancies.

really? although i guess that does makes sense.

Its amazing how many theories are out there - ex if ur carryin baby high or low, ur pref to certain foods and so on ... it gets you thinking how much of it is actually got any truth to it.

My last preg i accompanyied oh to a hosp appointment n there was this eldrly lady i sat n spoke to 4 ages n shes like 'u are definetly having a boy dear - ive got to this age and never been wrong'

.... well .... i had a girl ... lol .... never got to see the lady again otherwise would have told her hehe, or mayb it was better for her not to know wouldnt want to ruin the record for her.

really? although i guess that does makes sense.

Its amazing how many theories are out there - ex if ur carryin baby high or low, ur pref to certain foods and so on ... it gets you thinking how much of it is actually got any truth to it.

My last preg i accompanyied oh to a hosp appointment n there was this eldrly lady i sat n spoke to 4 ages n shes like 'u are definetly having a boy dear - ive got to this age and never been wrong'

.... well .... i had a girl ... lol .... never got to see the lady again otherwise would have told her hehe, or mayb it was better for her not to know wouldnt want to ruin the record for her.

It's quite fun to play with the myths but best not to think they have any truth in them. lol at the old lady, people have such selective memories!

The father thing makes sense though, some of the symptoms can relate to how your body copes with the new little alien inside, so it's sort of immune system related. Often second pregnancies with the same father will be a bit easier, like the body is more used to it.

With this one I felt waaaaaaaaaaay more sick and just totally different to my first one. So I thought it must be a girl, but it turns out both times = boys. Same father. So, I now think all theories about what we are carrying based on anything like symptoms or heartbeat is just like old wives tales. Fun, but useless.

the only thing my mom told me, was that for her personally, with me, she slept constantly, and with my two brothers, she constantly TRIED to sleep, but never could..
i'm not sure where i stand, before i found out i was pregnant, there were a few days i was passing out without realizing i was going to, and now the last two nights, i've been tossing and turning, and now i'm on here tonight because i couldn't fall asleep when i originally tried..
i'm hoping i have a boy though! maybe i'll be like mom!

the only thing my mom told me, was that for her personally, with me, she slept constantly, and with my two brothers, she constantly TRIED to sleep, but never could..
i'm not sure where i stand, before i found out i was pregnant, there were a few days i was passing out without realizing i was going to, and now the last two nights, i've been tossing and turning, and now i'm on here tonight because i couldn't fall asleep when i originally tried..
i'm hoping i have a boy though! maybe i'll be like mom!

i was actually like my mum with my boy, she was really sick with her boys till about 5 months and that was exactly how i was, and she was hardly sick at all with her girls, like i feel this time, but i still think im having a boy lol

ive had no morning sickness and hardly any worry until the end i had it so smooth i reckon ill suffer giving birth
im having a lil girl

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->