Pregnancy symptoms but 4 negative tests

WorryBunny

Reaction score
Good evening ladies!!

I need some advice because, as my nickname says, I'm a Worry Bunny and I'm not trying to conceive. I want kids at some point but not now!!

So here it goes:

Last period started on 26/08
Stopped the pill a couple of months ago
Had unprotected sex (but used the pull out method) on the 7/09, 2 days before ovulation day and 18/10 (one week before due period) an again on the 4/10 (he came inside me this last time).
I was regular on the pill but used to be very irregular before, I even had a 46 day cycle once.
If I was regular, my last period was due on 23/09
If I was irregular, my last period would ideally be on 10/10.
I have nausea (can be from stress because it feels more like an uneasy feeling), mood swings, increased hunger, craving for sweet and salty, and pain in my lower abdomen and right side of lower abdomen. My nipples didn't change color and are not sore at all.
I had spotting for 2 days on the time my last period should've started.
I would be 6 weeks pregnant now, starting 7 week today.
I took 2 tests on week 5, one at night and one in the morning, both negative.
I did two tests today, one in morning and one in evening, both negative.
I started dieting until now and only started eating more these last days. Me and my boyfriend are also heavy smokers so I guess my fertility would be ultra low.

Could I be pregnant if I got 4 negative results!? Because I'm panicking and am getting stressed and even got a panic attack. Feeling more and more nauseated for the stress.

From your experience ladies, could I still be pregnant, could this be my body readjusting from stopping the pill a couple of months ago or could I have a problem in my uterus?

If I don't get my period in the next week or so, I'll take an appointment to make a blood test and see if anything is wrong, but please give me some advice girls because I feel confused and can barely sleep now.

If you took the time to read all of this and take the time to reply to me, I'm very grateful for your help Thanks you everyone

PS: I also took my basal body temperature last night and it came back at 37,3º which would be the temperature of a person who is not pregnant at that hour of the day. I never monitored my BBT so it was more of a panic measure to ease my mind before sleep but it didn't work much, eh. I also did the toothpaste test last night and after 5 minutes or so it didn't change colors.

False negatives at 6 weeks would be pretty rare. Possible as you probably know but not likely.

If he successfully pulled out and you are sure about o day (I wouldn't count on it if you are irregular unless you start taking bbt readings) then it's unlikely you are pregnant. I hear precum only has sperm if he came before and hadn't urinated yet.

Also I've read anecdotally that some women don't get regular periods (some don't have any at all for months) for a bit after stopping the pill. Could you be experiencing the same?

Why go off the pill if you don't want to be pregnant? Is it disagreeing with you?

False negatives at 6 weeks would be pretty rare. Possible as you probably know but not likely.

If he successfully pulled out and you are sure about o day (I wouldn't count on it if you are irregular unless you start taking bbt readings) then it's unlikely you are pregnant. I hear precum only has sperm if he came before and hadn't urinated yet.

Also I've read anecdotally that some women don't get regular periods (some don't have any at all for months) for a bit after stopping the pill. Could you be experiencing the same?

Why go off the pill if you don't want to be pregnant? Is it disagreeing with you?

I've read enough forums last night to read stories of women who only got positive tests at week 8 or 12, with negative blood tests and even some women whose pregnancies were only detected on ultrasound so my mind is racing like crazy since last night. That's what worries me, before taking the pill I was really weird on periods - long and irregular periods with extreme pain and big chunks of things coming out (sorry for TMI!!)

I stopped the pill around April/May of this year and always had regular and light periods until now (same as I had when on the pill, which wasn't what I had before taking the pill). Could be my body going back to it's original state of extra long weird period cycles, but after 5 months of not taking the pill, I think it's weird it took so long to readjust (in case that's that). I only took the pill for one year and a half so I'm not sure how big the impact of the pill could've been on me.

I stopped the pill because it made me depressed and gave me excruciating headaches. It also made me really dry so my sex life with my boyfriend went down the drain and I got so worried about the state of my relationship, I decided I would go off the pill and just monitor my cycles + pull out and get an IuD ASAP. I guess that's not working very well for me is it, because I got lazy and didn't get the IuD. Ugh. Very irresponsible from me, not that I think about it.

It took me 6 months for my cycle to settle down when I stopped the pill a few years ago. I did go straight to a non hormonal coil but obviously, with that having no hormones it was obviously stopping the pill that affected it. One month it'd be 28 days, the next 50! It was very annoying!

Personally, If it's worrying you that much plus you smoke heavily, just get yourself to the doctors now. It's really bad to smoke when you are pregnant so it's better to get a blood test to know for sure now. I think it's very unlikely given the negative tests and probably just an irregular month. Stress affects your cycles, so the worry probably isn't helping either!

Could you've anaemic? I only ask as when my iron is super low I suffer with symptoms that are very similar to pregnancy symptoms. Nausea, headaches, cravings, fatigue etc

I don't know, I'll look it up online to see if it fits my symptoms but I feel like anemia would be a lot heavier on the fatigue factor. It's true that I sleep a lot of hours and still wake up tired but I don't know. I start opening my mouth around 16:00 when I wake up at about 10:00 or 11:00 :/

It took me 6 months for my cycle to settle down when I stopped the pill a few years ago. I did go straight to a non hormonal coil but obviously, with that having no hormones it was obviously stopping the pill that affected it. One month it'd be 28 days, the next 50! It was very annoying!

Personally, If it's worrying you that much plus you smoke heavily, just get yourself to the doctors now. It's really bad to smoke when you are pregnant so it's better to get a blood test to know for sure now. I think it's very unlikely given the negative tests and probably just an irregular month. Stress affects your cycles, so the worry probably isn't helping either!

I can imagine it would be really annoying!!! Ugh :/ Just one month of this sucks, imagine many months!!

I'll go to the doctors as soon as I can get an appointment.

Thank you for both of your replies :)

I've read enough forums last night to read stories of women who only got positive tests at week 8 or 12, with negative blood tests and even some women whose pregnancies were only detected on ultrasound so my mind is racing like crazy since last night. That's what worries me, before taking the pill I was really weird on periods - long and irregular periods with extreme pain and big chunks of things coming out (sorry for TMI!!)

I stopped the pill around April/May of this year and always had regular and light periods until now (same as I had when on the pill, which wasn't what I had before taking the pill). Could be my body going back to it's original state of extra long weird period cycles, but after 5 months of not taking the pill, I think it's weird it took so long to readjust (in case that's that). I only took the pill for one year and a half so I'm not sure how big the impact of the pill could've been on me.

I stopped the pill because it made me depressed and gave me excruciating headaches. It also made me really dry so my sex life with my boyfriend went down the drain and I got so worried about the state of my relationship, I decided I would go off the pill and just monitor my cycles + pull out and get an IuD ASAP. I guess that's not working very well for me is it, because I got lazy and didn't get the IuD. Ugh. Very irresponsible from me, not that I think about it.

That story with the IUD sounds familiar. I didn't get depression or headaches but I did get a lack of sex drive. Mine is a bit more messed up as we'd agreed to start trying but dh changed his mind, I'd agreed to get an IUD but dilly-dallyed because of fear of insertion pain, etc etc

tl;dr I'm pregnant now. DH is kind of happy by this point so it's all good.

In any case, I'll make a strong note that stories you read on a forum are anecdotes. Places like this tend to draw in people who have had unusual experiences and difficulty getting pregnant, so you'll see a large number of those kinds of stories here. When it comes down to actual odds of a false negative pregnancy test, it's quite small. That means chances are good you're just not pregnant.

You should still consider going in for a blood test but bear in mind your doc might prefer you come back after a second missed period. Or in a couple weeks when you'd be likely to be '8 weeks'. Don't worry about waiting so long for care, most people don't really need anything in the first trimester anyways except maybe anti-nausea medications. And if you believe you might still be pregnant, it wouldn't hurt to turn down alcohol and take folic acid either. (it's not like either will hurt you after all)

I was CONVINCED I was pregnant ever cycle for 6 months while we were trying.

I had sore boobs, nausea sometimes, headaches, I was exhausted.

Turns out that that can happen randomly during your cycle anyway from normal cycle hormones. It's very different (in my experience) than how I felt being on bc.

You're probably just adjusting back to your normal.

IMPORTANT: So, I just came out of the doctors office and I'm NOT pregnant. I'm just incredibly late. She prescribed me Nuvaring for contraception. Just wanted to let everyone know.

I know a lady who only ever had bfp at 8+ weeks, i think this was due to her being so tall (6ft 3) i think her bladder would have been much bigger than the average woman and therefore able to hold much more pee, causing hormones to be diluted..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->