• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Pregnancy symptoms while on birth control?

Damn. Well, this sucks. I'd love to be pregnant right now, sigh. Did you get off the birth control? I hate the idea of taking them, I hate artificial things. I think if you were meant to get pregnant, you will.

I was one giant pregnancy symptom while on the pill. I hated every second of it.

I have been off them since the beginning of this year. I was only on them for 3-4 years but it was HELL. If I wasn't sick, I was a psycho-bitch. I switched pills every three months because that's how long I had to wait for my body to settle into each and IT NEVER DID. When I finally found one that worked for me, a newer, cheaper version of it came out and no one woudl carry the one I was on (Ocella) and I was right back at square one. Finally, J and I talked and I pitched them all in the bin! Yay!

Right now we're doing condoms. That's all we need. There is nothing artificial dictating my hormones and I don't feel like crap all the time. The only problem with them is that I feel like they are super abrasive sometimes compared to just skin-on-skin (which we *really* miss)

Have you considered a copper IUD? Non-hormonal, super effective.

Damn, if I had all those problems, I'd ditch them too. I don't really have anything too irritating and I want to ditch them. Yeah, condoms are good but I hate no skin to skin. But at least you're not sick, that's the most important.

No, I haven't...I thought it was hormonal and I am afraid of getting anything stuck inside me. But since it's non-hormonal, I might consider it. I wonder if it's expensive....

You can get hormonal or non-hormonal IUDs. TAlk to your doctor about it. I don't want one just because I have bad cramping naturally and don't want to screw with anything but maybe after I have my first child I might consider it.

Like bad menstrual cramps? I do too :/ Ugh, I wish my boyfriend wanted a baby right now, then I wouldn't need to worry about this.

Damn, if I had all those problems, I'd ditch them too. I don't really have anything too irritating and I want to ditch them. Yeah, condoms are good but I hate no skin to skin. But at least you're not sick, that's the most important.

No, I haven't...I thought it was hormonal and I am afraid of getting anything stuck inside me. But since it's non-hormonal, I might consider it. I wonder if it's expensive....

It is unlikely you'll be able to get an IUD if you haven't had a live birth (at least in America). IUDs can cause infertility and can perforate the uterine lining. Only you can weigh that risk against the increased risk of breast cancer, strokes, and blood clots with the pill.

I have about a 45 day cycle and we use condoms for about 7 to 10 days of each cycle (and sometimes more if DF feels like he needs one during AF). NFP-FAM is what I choose after having difficult with the hormonal birth control and learning about the side effects.

Only you could know what you will put up with for not having to use condoms 100% of the time. :shrug:

It is unlikely you'll be able to get an IUD if you haven't had a live birth (at least in America). IUDs can cause infertility and can perforate the uterine lining. Only you can weigh that risk against the increased risk of breast cancer, strokes, and blood clots with the pill.

I have about a 45 day cycle and we use condoms for about 7 to 10 days of each cycle (and sometimes more if DF feels like he needs one during AF). NFP-FAM is what I choose after having difficult with the hormonal birth control and learning about the side effects.

Only you could know what you will put up with for not having to use condoms 100% of the time. :shrug:

Oh, wow. Never mind! I don't want to mess with my fertility! There should be a birth control for men.

Oh, wow. Never mind! I don't want to mess with my fertility! There should be a birth control for men.

Would you trust them? I know my hubby can barely remember to put the rubbish out let alone take a pill/injection everyday! lol

Would you trust them? I know my hubby can barely remember to put the rubbish out let alone take a pill/injection everyday! lol

Haha, that's so true! Well, I'm just as bad at remembering to take them. I think he'd probably be better at it than me, he's the one who wants to wait. Although, he never reminds me about them anymore and never mentions them...so he'd probably be horrible at taking them too. Damn, haha!

Haha, that's so true! Well, I'm just as bad at remembering to take them. I think he'd probably be better at it than me, he's the one who wants to wait. Although, he never reminds me about them anymore and never mentions them...so he'd probably be horrible at taking them too. Damn, haha!

.. Are you sure he still wants to wait if he's not mentioning them or reminding you to take them?? .. I just ask because DH did this to me. I was off the pill for years as it made me psycho bitch. We were somewhat following NFP but as I didn't know what my cycle was at first (33 days, I ovulate a week later usually than what is the "normal" phase, sometimes a week early..), we were also using condoms and he was bad for remembering to use them. .. Or wanting to. When I finally brought up that we needed to be "more careful" he finally just looked at me and asked me "so what" which made me realize that he was fine with NTNP.. just didn't want to "actively" try until later.

.. And now after the birth of DS we're back in WTT and I'm on the pill as recommended by my dr. .. I hate the false pregnancy symptoms but as it isn't messing with my emotions this time I am sucking it up at least until January and then we'll go back to NFP .. provided I can survive that long on the pill. :wacko:

.. Are you sure he still wants to wait if he's not mentioning them or reminding you to take them?? .. I just ask because DH did this to me. I was off the pill for years as it made me psycho bitch. We were somewhat following NFP but as I didn't know what my cycle was at first (33 days, I ovulate a week later usually than what is the "normal" phase, sometimes a week early..), we were also using condoms and he was bad for remembering to use them. .. Or wanting to. When I finally brought up that we needed to be "more careful" he finally just looked at me and asked me "so what" which made me realize that he was fine with NTNP.. just didn't want to "actively" try until later.

.. And now after the birth of DS we're back in WTT and I'm on the pill as recommended by my dr. .. I hate the false pregnancy symptoms but as it isn't messing with my emotions this time I am sucking it up at least until January and then we'll go back to NFP .. provided I can survive that long on the pill. :wacko:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to try yet. He knows how badly I want a baby. He used to remind me or ask me how they're making me feel and stuff but now he doesn't. I miss them way too frequently! Even when I was pregnant, I could never remember to take my prenatal vitamins :(

I'm only 17 and my idiot boyfriend didnt use a condom. I am on the depo shot but I have taken multiple only symptom quizes they all say my birth control might have failed...... I am to scared to tell my mom and I don't know what to do. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"