Pregnancy Test Frustration!

BlueFairy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I had a MMC in June/July and have been trying to conceive for a couple of months now.

The past week and a bit I've been having some major pregnancy symptoms which have been driving me mad.
I've had killer heartburn on and off all day, horrible mood swings where I'm angry, crying, happy and giggling, hot flushes, period like cramps, headaches and sore/tingling boobs.
However I took a test yesterday and it came back negative. I'm not due on my period for another 6 days so I guess it could be too early for a positive test, but the not knowing is driving me crazy!
I'm also starting to think is it all in my head...because I want a baby so much am I trying to convince my self I'm preggers again?
I hope I am pregnant otherwise I have a stomach ulcer or something.

I hate not knowing for sure either way!

Had anyone else had these symptoms and not been pregnant/ have been pregnant with a negative test?

Thanks
xxxxx

Hi Blue, sorry youre going through this. I get full symptoms every single month - i think where its a bfn, its how you interpret whats happening - the month i actually got bfp was before I'd started posting here and reading up, and i had no symptoms at all - i think your mind can start playing havoc

that said, its still too early to tell as yet - Fergie got her bfp at 16dpo this month - theres some anecdotal evidence on 2weekwait website and theres lots of posters who dont get their bfp until 13, 14, 15dpo. I remember seeing a breakdown of percentage of women to get bfp at what dates which showed how late the test should be done but i cant find it, but did find this:

Average Day Past Ovulation (DPO) for the first positive pregnancy test: 13.6 DPO
Average DPO for the first "false" negative test result: 10.3 DPO
Percentage of pregnancy charts with a positive test at 10 DPO: 10%
Percentage of pregnancy charts which show negative results before a positive result: 17%
Average time between the expected period and the first positive pregnancy test: 0.5 days before the expected period.
Percentage of negative test results taken three days or more before the expected period day on non pregnant charts: 40.7%

and there's some interesting graphs here:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/When-can-I-expect-a-positive-HPT-if-I-am-pregnant.html

I know its gonna drive you mad anyway, but most bumpers will tell you to test after af is due and not before, but you are very early in your recovery after your mmc and i know how much that gets to you during this part of your cycle.

hey hun i hateeee negatives i am 4 lates late and i am gettin negativeeeee!!!! i dont now what to do :(

Hi I am new to this site and so looking for some comfort i think.

I am over a week later with my period however I did two 'cheap' tests on saturday and sunday and just as the time lapsed they look to be positive.

To confirm this morning i went to boots and bought the new expensive! clear blue digital. There we two in a box. I did the first one at 12pm this afternoon and it came up pregnant. However totally obsessed i thought i would try the 2nd when i got home. I did this about 7pm and after the time lapsed it said Not Pregnant!

What do I think??

hi Sjgreenham

When i was pregnant in may i waa obssed to i did one every day!!! Buy sadly i had a mc in june, I have not exsperinced what you are going through i would re try again maybe in the morning if you have one with your first wee!! xx

Hi Sarah jane - sorry to hear about your mc. Thanks for your advice. I think I will wait and see what happens the next couple of days and do another test like u said in the morning. Why do they have to cost a fortune lol. Totally baffled me though the rage about digital pregnancy tests. So buy 2 and get a result of both. Strange. Hope something works out for you soon xx

I just use to bye the cheap tests do you have pound land they are £2 pound for 2 and they worked for me :).
I just hopw i get the posative test soon and that your tests stop messing around hun but keep me posted :) and her if you need to chat

xx

Heya,

quick update....BFN for now by my AF was due 4 days ago and no sign.
I'm not holding out much hope but if AF's not here by the end of the week I will take another test!

xxxx

I had a period in late June and I didn't have another period after that. Tested TONS and all BFN. I even had bloods done on 9/9 and an ultrasound - negative and no sign of a pregnancy. It wasn't until last Monday that I got my positive, but sadly, I MC only 5 days later at 5w5d.

The dr thinks it was just a case of my ovulating WAY late - which can happen for many different reasons.

So - don't give up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->