Pregnancy test results 5 DPO

Hosneara

Reaction score
I just took a pregnancy test this morning and I am only 5 DPO and as you can see from the picture the second line is a fainted line. Am I pregnant? Is it too early to test?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 181
Looks positive to me, but pretty dark for 5DPO? Any chance you o'ed early than you thought?

I agree, it looks positive but that is really dark for 5dpo, test again tomorrow maybe?

looks positive to me. I'd wait another day or two (if you can) and test again.

That's definitely a :bfp: however it's actually *impossible* (not very likely at all) to get any sort of positive at 5dpo seeing as an egg doesn't implant itself (therefore producing hcg) until 6-12dpo and then a positive wouldn't show until 3-5 days after that...
So, I would have to ask, did you recently have a miscarriage? You can still test positive for up to a month after a miscarriage.
Or, I would have to assume you ovulated earlier than you thought you did.

Sorry to sound harsh, but I just wanted to say my honest opinion.

What kind of test is that? It looks like a Dollar Tree OPK. Did you get it from Dollar Tree? Could they have put an OPK in a HPT box? Check the end where you thumb is and make sure it says HCG and not LH.

That's definitely a :bfp: however it's actually *impossible* (not very likely at all) to get any sort of positive at 5dpo seeing as an egg doesn't implant itself (therefore producing hcg) until 6-12dpo and then a positive wouldn't show until 3-5 days after that...

I was going to say almost exactly the same thing.

6-12DPO - Implantation
Additional 3-4 days - Blood test can detect hCG
Further 1-2 days - HPT can detect hCG

Is it possibly an evaporation line? Ovarian cysts can also produce hCG and give a false positive.

Looking at it again, it almost looks like it doesn't go all the way across?? Do evap lines have pink in them though?? I'd def test again...
:dust:

Thank you all for your responses. I'm very new to this site and I greatly appreciate it.

I also thought it was very early for a test and yes it is a dollarama pregnancy test but I'm sure it's not an ovulation test or anything.

I will try a better test in a few days and see if its more accurate

Although I know I probably shouldn't scare you, I feel it is necessary to warn you to watch out for any pain on only one side of your abdomen, shoulder pain, fever, etc. as it has been known that if it is in fact a bfp at 5dpo then it had to implant at 2-3dpo but this would mean that it would have implanted in the wrong place, making it an Ectopic Pregnancy.

Hopefully you are pregnant and will carry on to deliver a happy & healthy baby!!!
:dust:

Thank you all for your responses. I'm very new to this site and I greatly appreciate it.

I also thought it was very early for a test and yes it is a dollarama pregnancy test but I'm sure it's not an ovulation test or anything.

I will try a better test in a few days and see if its more accurate

I just took a picture of one of each...and realized my bathroom garbage can has pretty much nothing in it except these, so maybe I should get a smaller can, lol. The one on the left is an OPK and the one on the right is a HPT. They might look different where you live, but these are how all of them look here. What I notied on yours was that by your thumb there was no holes and it had the two raised bars like the OPK in my pic on the left. It also had the round hole for the sample and not the oval one like the HPT on the right. The OPKs sometimes say "LH" on them and the HPTs, from my experience, always say HCG. IF they gave you an OPK in a HPT box, I would take them back if you bought a bunch of them. Good luck!

Attachments

• 20121129_223316 (131x175).jpg
    20121129_223316 (131x175).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 210
Thanks for your concern. I took a few of these tests and just to double check I took them back and they were in fact hpt. Maybe they look different in Canada?
Anyways I'm going in for a blood test today so I guess we will find out soon.

Thanks for your concern. I took a few of these tests and just to double check I took them back and they were in fact hpt. Maybe they look different in Canada?
Anyways I'm going in for a blood test today so I guess we will find out soon.

They may look different in Canada! I hope you get the results you want with your blood work! Good luck! Let us know!

That looks too dark to be an Evap line
Maybe you o d earlier just retest and
Good luck

Blood test came back negative. Showed the doctor my hpt and she said it could have been an early miscarriage or false positive. As rare as false positive is, it could happen.

Blood test came back negative. Showed the doctor my hpt and she said it could have been an early miscarriage or false positive. As rare as false positive is, it could happen.

That sucks.

I have had three false positive urine tests (doctors) and a blood test before. Ovarian cysts. They suck.

At least you know now and can move on to the next cycle.

Good luck.

I am sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will get your sticky BFP soon. I know ho disappointing that can be. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->