Pregnancy vitamin/folic acid still making me sick.

Twirlywoo15

Reaction score
Every time I take one within 20/30mins I feel so sick to the point I have to lay down until it passes and then the nausea lasts for ages after 😩😩😩

have you tried taking them before you go to sleep at night? this is what I do x

I couldn't stomach mine in the first trimester. I spoke to my doctor who said the only vitamin I must take daily was Folic Acid as it lowers the risk of spina bifida massively. She said she'd also recommend vitamin D3 if I could manage. So that's all I took. I bought singular Folic Acid & D3 tablets and took those with no problem.

Everything else you can get through your diet. You don't need a multivitamin necessarily. You can get Folic Acid in your diet quite easily too to be fair but I figured I'd better top up to make sure. Oh and if you live in a very sunny climate, you probs don't need D3 either. It's better to get it naturally through safe sun exposure. I live in England, the sun appears about twice a year ;)

Unfortunately, I couldn't stomach them until I was in second trimester. I have gummy ones that I took every so often, but I'd always throw up the ones I had to swallow, and I sometimes gagged over the gummy ones and couldn't take them, either. I always took them before bed, but that didn't help me since I threw them up. lol. Still, my doctor always advises patients take their vitamins right before bed because we tend to have such sensitive tummies. :)

I have been feeling very sick and actually sick for the first time today and almost yesterday .. I always take my vitamin before bed but the last 2 days took them in the morning because I forgot one .. reading this has made me realise it could be these doing it .. I'm going to go back to taking them in the evening!

Thanks ladies I'll give it another go at night. It's such a awful feeling to be nauseous all day long isn't it x

Try the boots own pregnancy vitamins. I found others made me sick, but never had a problem with the boots own ones. :thumbup: Plus they're cheaper so it's win win! Xx

I couldn't take prenatals either in the beginning. I instead took a gummy prenatal so that it has the DHA needed for baby's developing brain, as well as the vital nutrients, including folic acid. It does NOT contain iron, which is often the reason why some people can't stomach prenatals in the first trimester. Iron is hard enough to digest, let alone while your stomach is queasy, and since baby's needs are so small in the beginning it isn't really necessary until the later trimesters. Possibly try that and see if they help you feel better, then you can add the iron in later when the first trimester queasiness goes away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->