• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pregnancy with donor sperm

So my first beta result is 430.0! I still can't believe this is happening.
She wants me back on thurs for the next one, how will I wait until Friday. Man I thought my patience was tested ttc for 4 years! ;)

Wanbmum - Excellent beta! Congrats!!

Wow, those are great betas!!! Did you gals have them done at 14dpiui?

I'll tell my sister because she was all worried that I might be carrying twins because mine at 14dpiui was 193! :haha:

I had my second beta done 48 hours later and my clinic doesn't have me in for a 3rd beta, next will be US.

MrsC, my sister who is pregnant with twins had awful sickness. With her first she had pretty bad nausea but with the girls...she even took approximately 2 months off work. She couldn't even stand up she felt so sick. It lasted until more or less week 13 or so, with her first one until week 16.

I know I might change my mind soon, but I'm hoping for at least a little of it :winkwink: just to make it seem real ; )

Polita, my first beta was 17dpiui.

My 2nd beta was this morning. I feel so anxious for these results. As you girls will understand, it's been a long tough road to get to this point, with disappointment after disappointment, it is hard to get out of that mindset :( believing that dreams can come true is so tough.
If you can keep everything crossed for me.

WANBMUM, keeping FX for you and hoping for an excellent 2nd beta!!!!

Raelynn, good luck on your first scan!! I'm sure it will be great news! Please come and tell us and share picture with us.

Nausea hasn't kicked in yet, I suppose it is still too soon for it, I'm just 5+1. I'm anxious for my first US and for feeling pregnant.

MrsC, I think you have your gender scan tomorrow, is that right? Any preferences?

Sunup, how was your second beta?

Have a great day, ladies!

Wow, those are great betas!!! Did you gals have them done at 14dpiui?

I'll tell my sister because she was all worried that I might be carrying twins because mine at 14dpiui was 193! :haha:

I had my second beta done 48 hours later and my clinic doesn't have me in for a 3rd beta, next will be US.

MrsC, my sister who is pregnant with twins had awful sickness. With her first she had pretty bad nausea but with the girls...she even took approximately 2 months off work. She couldn't even stand up she felt so sick. It lasted until more or less week 13 or so, with her first one until week 16.

I know I might change my mind soon, but I'm hoping for at least a little of it :winkwink: just to make it seem real ; )

I had betas done at 11dpo and 15dpo. At 11dpo it was 94.26 then at 15dpo it was 550.6. I also had an emergency one done at 20dpo and it was 4202. Betas don't tell much though. As long as it is doubling you are good. No way to know if you are having twins until your scan.

Polita, my first beta was 17dpiui.

My 2nd beta was this morning. I feel so anxious for these results. As you girls will understand, it's been a long tough road to get to this point, with disappointment after disappointment, it is hard to get out of that mindset :( believing that dreams can come true is so tough.
If you can keep everything crossed for me.

Keeping everything crossed that your second beta comes back great!

WANBMUM, keeping FX for you and hoping for an excellent 2nd beta!!!!

Raelynn, good luck on your first scan!! I'm sure it will be great news! Please come and tell us and share picture with us.

Nausea hasn't kicked in yet, I suppose it is still too soon for it, I'm just 5+1. I'm anxious for my first US and for feeling pregnant.

MrsC, I think you have your gender scan tomorrow, is that right? Any preferences?

Sunup, how was your second beta?

Have a great day, ladies!

Well it is a normal scan but we are hoping to find out the genders. My husband goes back to Afghanistan before the gender scan would be so we are really crossing our fingers that we can see them both. Honestly as long as they are both healthy I don't care what they are. I have a feeling that we are having one of each or two boys. I keep going back and forth.

Polita- my second was 925!! and that was ACTUALLY the day I was supposed to have my first beta!

Hi guys, results are in, 1276 is my 2nd.

The relief is indescribable! As all u lovelies will know. Lots of tears today, I'm a nutcase!

What dpo are you ladies for your second betas?

Great betas ladies! So excited for everyone!

I'm having major food aversions lately. Nothing sounds good and even thinking of some foods makes me a little nauseous. No real morning sickness yet but is really hard finding foods I can actually get through. But, hubby found a bag of sour cream and onion chips today and I loved those! I guess it is getting to be weird craving time.

My ultrasound went great. We have one healthy little blob :) Heartbeat was flickering away at 126bpm. So precious to see that heartbeat! I go back in 10 days for my 8 week scan and then get released to the obgyn. Woohoo!

Attachments

• 6+4b.jpg
    6+4b.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 6+4c.jpg
    6+4c.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 2
Great news! I love the pics. I recently just went through a phase where nothing tasted good at all. Honestly everything tasted like crap. I'm so glad that has passed! In the beginning I really enjoyed cheetos (weird I know). At like 7 am thats all I could think about. :haha: They are ok now. Nothing like they were at 6-7 weeks though!

I assume they are doing internal exams at the RE's office? You should ask if they will listen to the heartbeat next time you go in for your scan. They should be able to hear it by then.

Yeah, they're internal scans still. Cheetos sound really good too! Apparently this is a junk food baby!

Then mine are as well! Junk food and carbs always sound good. Of course the two worst things for me. Oh and my mention of the internal scan was because once I went to the OB I noticed they only do external scans. They won't listen to the heartbeats but I can see them. I do listen at home though! I guess they are suppose to listen during appointments with a doppler but my OB has failed to do that for me.

Those are great numbers, girls!!!

Mine were 193 at 14dpo and 586 at 16dpo.

Raelynn, great pictures!! I imagine how exciting it must have been. So do you have another US with them before you're released to OBGYN? I assumed I'm getting only one, don't now why. I have my first US at the OBGYN on November 2nd. I'll be 8+2.

What an amazing scan picture!

Can I ask you guys? Have you told many people yet? There reason I ask is, my parents know the whole truth, they knew when we had our last iui, my father even brought me to my last app. My oh doesn't think we should tell them, he wants to wait a few weeks and I really want to, I feel like they've been going through the heartache with us.

Honestly as hard as it is we haven't told anyone but hubby's aunt. The only reason she knows is because she was going to go the donor route before meeting her husband now. Turns out they can't have kids together because he has azoo. It's a long story. I don't know if we will ever tell. My hubby doesn't want people to think differently of him or the babies. This is so hard in so many ways. They just think we found sperm and got pregnant. I do feel like I'm the only one on the boards who has gone the donor route and not told their family and also doesn't plan to. Why does your OH want to wait a few weeks?

I wonder if it's the same for people who use donor eggs.

Mrs C, I feel like our perspective on the whole thing has completely changed since we started this process. I completely understand not telling anyone, I slightly regret telling my folks, I know my oh does, but at the time I really needed the support and wvery article was telling us to TELL. Whereas in the perfect world we want it to be our secret.

My question really was about telling my parents now about us being pregnant, I want to tell them, because they know about our fertility issues ups and downs, my oh doesn't want to tell them yet?

Yeah after I posted I wondered if you were talking about telling family you are pregnant. :dohh: Sorry. We told all family right away since most of them knew we were doing some kind of fertility treatment. I'm the type that would rather have them there for support if anything happens rather than just having them wonder whats wrong. Everyone is different though so you just have to tell when it feels right to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->