• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pregnancy with donor sperm

I'm going to stalk this thread.

Side note all if your betas are excellent. I know more about hcg levels then normal because it was the first main issue in my pregnancy.

Thanks Mrs C - I agree with you, I really want to tell my Mom as she is an amazing support and I will need her no matter what happens. My OH and I had a discussion and we have decided to tell my folks and that is it for now. top secret for everyone else :)

How are you doing Sun Up?

question? Since finding out I am pregnant, on and off I have had a pain around my hip area, its like an aching burning sensation, u know like when ur legs are really tired, but its only on my right hip, I've never had a pain there before.
Anyone got anything like this? Is it normal do you think?

question? Since finding out I am pregnant, on and off I have had a pain around my hip area, its like an aching burning sensation, u know like when ur legs are really tired, but its only on my right hip, I've never had a pain there before.

Could it be ligament pain? I've had some around my pelvic area.. Things are growing and moving inside of us so that might be it.

I have heartburn...could it be possible this early???

Those are great numbers, girls!!!

Mine were 193 at 14dpo and 586 at 16dpo.

Raelynn, great pictures!! I imagine how exciting it must have been. So do you have another US with them before you're released to OBGYN? I assumed I'm getting only one, don't now why. I have my first US at the OBGYN on November 2nd. I'll be 8+2.

I have one more scan with my fertility clinic for 8 weeks and then they'll release me. They told me I can call and book now with my obgyn for after my next appointment.

What an amazing scan picture!

Can I ask you guys? Have you told many people yet? There reason I ask is, my parents know the whole truth, they knew when we had our last iui, my father even brought me to my last app. My oh doesn't think we should tell them, he wants to wait a few weeks and I really want to, I feel like they've been going through the heartache with us.

We told both sets of parents and siblings since they have known about all our fertility treatments. Also, now that we had a successful ultrasound, any of the rest of our family that comes out and asks we'll tell too. A lot of them have known about our struggles (since we wanted them to stop asking about why we didn't have kids yet) and have also been supporting us through everything so we're happy to tell them. They all knew about the last pregnancy too and it was nice to have the support from our parents when I miscarried and the rest of the family was great and didn't butt in or make us talk about it or anything, just gave their support again.

I've had all kinds of weird cramps and twinges and such going on so far. If I don't feel anything it freaks me out and when I do feel something it freaks me out :shrug: I think it is all normal though.

Honestly as hard as it is we haven't told anyone but hubby's aunt. The only reason she knows is because she was going to go the donor route before meeting her husband now. Turns out they can't have kids together because he has azoo. It's a long story. I don't know if we will ever tell. My hubby doesn't want people to think differently of him or the babies. This is so hard in so many ways. They just think we found sperm and got pregnant. I do feel like I'm the only one on the boards who has gone the donor route and not told their family and also doesn't plan to. Why does your OH want to wait a few weeks?

I wonder if it's the same for people who use donor eggs.

On the whole telling thing, we're kind of on the fence. Again, our parents know and everyone says telling the child is a good thing but honestly, I hardly even think about it now that we're pregnant. The baby pretty much overshadows everything. I still try to be sensitive with my husband but he doesn't seem to think much about it either (if he does, he's not saying). I figure we'll find some way to tell them when they're younger (in an age appropriate way) and then just remind them when they're old enough to understand and then leave it at that. If they want people to know, they can decide that on their own. I don't think any of our family or friends would care one bit so it is just others that may have issues with it and it is just our close friends and family that really matter to us. It is really tough though knowing what the right thing to do is.

We got the gender results today. As far as we can tell we are team :pink: with both babies!! Beyond excited! :happydance:

Mrs C, OMG!!!!!! 2 little princesses! Ahhhhh congrats! Your poor hubby being surrounded by women!

Congrats MrsC!! So sweet! Did you have a feeling either way or no idea? I'm feeling boy but maybe just because hubby wants one. I want a boy for him and a girl for me :)

Thanks girls! I had a feeling of one of each. Mostly because I had a boy feeling but I think that might be hubby's fault. :haha: He said in the beginning two boys so ever since then I just thought one of each. We will do double check at 20 weeks but she was pretty sure. Baby B was being stubborn as usual. It's so crazy to actually imagine how these two amazing babies and snuggled inside of me. Baby A is way down low and going up my right side and baby B is along my left and up top. This is finally feeling real now! Just typing this is making me emotional for some reason. :cloud9: Hubby is over the moon! He will have two little daddy's girls.

Congrats, Mrs C! My sister is also expecting twin girls and having a boy already we are all very happy.

I also feel it's a boy, raelynn. Right now I'm just hoping for a healthy pregnancy so not too concerned about that.

Yay MRS C!!!

Rae-I totally agree - when I feel things, it makes me nervous, and when I don't, it makes me nervous!

WanB- I am doing SUPER, beyond excited. We have decided to tell VERY slowly. So far ONLY our parents know and a few CLOSEfriends

We should all be bump buddies!

Well here is my TMI time. Hubby and I BDed today and I had some spotting after. I know that it is probably fine but it is the first spotting I've had so of course it made me nervous. Seems to have stopped now but I do not like having to worry! On top of that, we went out for subway today and I forgot to ask them to toast it since I usually don't and now I'm completely freaked out about listeria! Why must there be all this worrying?

raelynn please try not to worry even though it is probably very scary. I'm glad it has stopped. I went to subway last night and forgot as well. :dohh: I swear ever since getting pregnant I want things I'm not allowed to have. I really miss runny eggs! I always eat my eggs with my toast and breakfast just isn't the same. About the worry though... there is so much to worry about but we have to enjoy this time as well so it's hard.

Rae, my hubby told me to ask my nurse about sex, so I told him she said we can't have it! Hehehehe!
It is such a worrying time, everything! So 'toasting' the subway what way does it make it better?(I haven't had one for months)

My hubby and I are almost afraid to enjoy being pregnant, it's sad really, but I guess until we see it or get to the safe zone, I think this is the way it's going to be :(

On an exciting note I tell my folks today, I am sure after a good chat with my mom I will feel better. I am so excited.

Yeah they say that lunchmeat is safe as long as you heat it because that kills any listeria bacteria. I swear pregnancy is just making me forget all kinds of important things. Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind.

And everything I've heard/read says sex during pregnancy is absolutely fine. I've also heard if you get spotting though to take it easy for a couple days though. I made hubby hold off in the beginning too. I told him I wanted to wait until we were at least through all the betas to know everything was progressing well first.

Wanbmum - That is so exciting you are telling your parents! We had a little mess up where we told one of hubby's friends and he didn't know we were trying to keep it quiet until around 12 weeks when I tell work so he posted something on facebook. It was only up for a couple hours and we got him to take it down but now pretty much all of hubby's friends know now. Just hoping it doesn't get linked back to me so I can still wait it out at work.

So lots of tears yesterday by my parents, well laughing tears. It was awesome telling them. :)

Guys, when did you have your first scan? My RE wants me to come in Thursday/Friday, when I will be 5+5. Is this ok?
I dont want to go and get worried/anxious seeing nothing.

Yay WanB!! My RE won't do an US before exactly 6 weeks as one day could mean the difference between seeing a heart beat and not - They said at the 6 week (exactly) date, they expect a heart beat. Although you may be able to see something at 5+5, and It would be nice to at least see a yolk sac / fetal pole if nothing else!

They told me I could schedule my first scan as early as 5+5 but the first day that really worked with my work schedule was 6+4 so that is when I went. I have my last RE scan next Monday and then I move on to the OB on Halloween.

my first scan was 6+5. They offered me to come in earlier but I waited for my husband to be back in country so he could go. At that scan we were able to see and hear both heartbeats. Any earlier I don't know if that would have been possible. 5+5 isn't bad just don't stress if not much can be seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->