Pregnancy with donor sperm

MrsC - Good luck with the genetic counselor. I have to make my appointment for testing soon but I'm procrastinating.

We survived the hurricane. No damage. I've been getting hit hard with morning sickness all week. Can't seem to hold anything down at night. Ugh! When does the fun part start?
I had my first OB appointment too and it was a bit overwhelming. The nurse threw so much info at me my head was spinning. I have another appointment in 4 weeks and in the meantime I need to make an appointment for bloodwork and the first trimester genetic screening. Feeling a little lost right now.

I graduated to OB today! Now just have to make an OB appointment - I will need any and all tips you ladies have!!

Oh and I got the flu shot right after I found out I was pregnant - It is highly recommended for pregnant moms!!

MrsC - Good luck with the genetic counselor. I have to make my appointment for testing soon but I'm procrastinating.

We survived the hurricane. No damage. I've been getting hit hard with morning sickness all week. Can't seem to hold anything down at night. Ugh! When does the fun part start?
I had my first OB appointment too and it was a bit overwhelming. The nurse threw so much info at me my head was spinning. I have another appointment in 4 weeks and in the meantime I need to make an appointment for bloodwork and the first trimester genetic screening. Feeling a little lost right now.

Try not to let it overwhelm you. It is a lot of info and stuff going on but it isn't always crazy like it is in the beginning. Is there anything I can help you with or answer anything?

I graduated to OB today! Now just have to make an OB appointment - I will need any and all tips you ladies have!!

Oh and I got the flu shot right after I found out I was pregnant - It is highly recommended for pregnant moms!!

:happydance: Great news! Find someone you are comfortable with and that will listen to you. Thats my biggest tip!

AFM~ Had my scan today and will have them every 4 weeks from now on. Both are for sure girl and growing right on track. The genetic counselor didn't really go over much. She just wanted to see if I had any questions and asked if I understood the testing. I do but testing with twins is a horrible idea. Thats what I understand the most. :winkwink: Anyways, here are some pics from today. No 3D of baby A because the membrane is right over her face so the pics were not good at all. Maybe next time.

Attachments

• B 3D 3.jpg
    B 3D 3.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 2
  • B 3D 5.jpg
    B 3D 5.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 2
  • A and B profile.jpg
    A and B profile.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 2
So adorable MrsC! I don't really have any questions yet, just trying to make my way slowly through all the info packets and set up all my appointments. Hubby and I are going away this weekend for our anniversary so hopefully that will be a nice break and hopefully morning sickness goes far far away!

So adorable MrsC! I don't really have any questions yet, just trying to make my way slowly through all the info packets and set up all my appointments. Hubby and I are going away this weekend for our anniversary so hopefully that will be a nice break and hopefully morning sickness goes far far away!

Hey girls,

I'm hopeful seeing that you got pregnant with donor sperm. DH and I are trying IUI #3 tomorrow. We found out he has azoo after trying for a year.

I'm really stressed about timing IUI with the frozen donor sperm, especially since the last 2 times didn't work. I had a positive digital OPK today at 4:00 (meant to test earlier but forgot, it w neg at 2:00 the day before).

I have an u/s appointment tomorrow morning and a little worried doc will want to just IUI right then, but I'm worried the poor little swimmers won't stay alive long enough if I don't ovulate until later in the day!

How did you time your IUI? Was it before or after your O?

I'm doing unmediated as last month I tried 50mg clomid cd3-7 and ended up with a 33mm follicle cd12. So no trigger, just natural O.

Welcome JM :)

We got lucky on our 3rd time! I was also Unmedicated but with the trigger. I had iui 31 hours after my trigger, they say you ovulate 36-48 hours later.
So if you got your surge at 4 yesterday, ideally you need iui 24-48 hours after. Let us know when you have it.
Wishing you lots of 3rd time lucky luck x x

Welcome JM :)

We got lucky on our 3rd time! I was also Unmedicated but with the trigger. I had iui 31 hours after my trigger, they say you ovulate 36-48 hours later.
So if you got your surge at 4 yesterday, ideally you need iui 24-48 hours after. Let us know when you have it.
Wishing you lots of 3rd time lucky luck x x

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I had a positive opk on Sunday afternoon, went in for my u/s on Monday morning and my doc said it looked like I had ovulated recently! I know it had to have happened sometime late Sunday because my OPK was negative on Saturday and temps were still low Monday morning. SO, did the IUI right then. Temp was up by .4 this morning confirming O. I'm crossing my fingers that timing was just right this time- there was also more sperm in this donor vial than in my previous two.

Excellent JM. Wishing you lots of luck and baby dust :)

Hey girls,

I'm hopeful seeing that you got pregnant with donor sperm. DH and I are trying IUI #3 tomorrow. We found out he has azoo after trying for a year.

I'm really stressed about timing IUI with the frozen donor sperm, especially since the last 2 times didn't work. I had a positive digital OPK today at 4:00 (meant to test earlier but forgot, it w neg at 2:00 the day before).

I have an u/s appointment tomorrow morning and a little worried doc will want to just IUI right then, but I'm worried the poor little swimmers won't stay alive long enough if I don't ovulate until later in the day!

How did you time your IUI? Was it before or after your O?

I'm doing unmediated as last month I tried 50mg clomid cd3-7 and ended up with a 33mm follicle cd12. So no trigger, just natural O.

Sorry for the late reply but I thought I would answer some of your questions anyways. First of all so sorry to hear that you are dealing with azoo. It's not fair and it is a hard thing to go through. :hugs:

I had my IUI timed but OPK's and an ultrasound. I took 50mg clomid on days 3-7 and on CD12 I went in for an ultrasound. I had 2 for sure mature follicles and 1 possibly mature. They said there was a chance for triplets and asked what I wanted to do. I said lets do it. So they sent me home with a trigger shot (ovidrel) and I was to take it that night. 36 hours later I went in for the IUI. I felt O happen on the drive to the clinic, as a matter of fact I was about 10 minutes away when I felt it. Crazy I know! Now here I am pregnant with twin girls. :thumbup: Either two took or one split very early on.

I really hope this is your last IUI and you won't have to go through it again. When will you be testing? Do you go in for a beta or just test at home?

AFM~ So hubby and I were laying on the couch the other night ( I won't fit like that much longer :haha:) and he shocked me beyond belief. We always said we would only do this once and have a child. Well now we are going to have two. Best news ever! :cloud9: Anyways, he said "would you think I was crazy if I said in a few years we should have another one?" :shock: Really! I told him that he isn't crazy and we can leave the idea open but lets see how we feel after the girls get here. The crazy thing is is that I had just requested the form to have the swimmers disposed of at the clinic. We have a left over vial because we ordered two. Looks like I won't be turning that in and we will be saving the last vial. It's actually the last the donor was allowed so we can't order anymore of that one when/if the time comes. Just wanted to share my shocking evening.

Doing ok - morning sickness stinks! It has definitely gotten better though but I would love to feel normal again. I'm getting a bit nervous for our NT scan next week. Hopefully all is well.

How are the little ones MrsC? When did you find out the sex of the babies. I'm anxious to know but I feel like it is still a ways off.

Sorry to hear about the ms. I hope it ends soon. I'm sure your nt scan will go great. It gets very complicated with twins but with one you should be great.

I'm doing good and so are the girls. They are kicking and moving like there's no tomorrow. We can finally feel them on the outside. I asked to find out at 16w5d. Baby A was for sure a girl and baby B she was 80% sure was a girl as well. At 20 we confirmed both. We picked names... Ava and Emma! :cloud9:

Those names are adorable! I actually saw them in your journal today but forgot to post a comment. I think they go together really well. I have the worst time coming up with girls names. I think baby is a boy anyway but if it ends up being a girl we'll have a tough time deciding on a name. I really like Ever but it is kind of unusual and don't know what you'd shorten it to.

I'm glad we at least get to see the baby for the NT scan. It feels like forever since we've seen the little one.

Love the names!! I just scrapped our girl name, so if we are having a girl we are back at square 1!!

Rae-when are you finding out?

Thank you! Sorry to hear you scrapped your girl name. Is there a reason you changed your mind?

I hope you ladies are doing great. :flower:

I haven't completely given up on the girls name, I just can't settle on it. No idea why it is so hard for me to come up with girl names since the boy names were really easy. We even had to drop our first choice because one of our friends named their little boy the same thing and came up with new boy names very easily.

I have my NT scan on Monday. I'm nervous but excited to see the baby again. It feels like it has been ages! I don't know when we'll find out if it is a boy or girl. I have appointments every 4 weeks with the OB and my next on is Nov 28 so the next one will be around Christmas. I'll only be 17 weeks then so not sure if they'll check then since my info packet says 18-20 weeks.

We had a hard time coming up with girls names as well. Coming up with one to start with was hard. We each picked a name but made sure the other liked it as well.

Good luck at your scan tomorrow! We found out at 16 weeks what the genders were. I did say at the 12 week scan that I didn't want to know without my hubby being there. You could always ask if the scan tech is able to see yet. If you get pics we can have fun guessing the gender. :winkwink:

Hey- we will be 15 weeks when we will HOPEFULLY be finding out --- I just called and ordered the cake so we can have a cake reveal party just before Christmas - Sonographer will call them in the AM after the appointment (she said she should be able to tell by then). We are paying for the extra sono but figure that will make for an AWESOME Christmas!!!

Scan pictures! No official results back yet but they said based on the nuchal fold and the bridge of the nose, everything looks perfect for baby. It was jumping all around and kicking and putting on quite a show today!

Attachments

• 12+1b-small.jpg
    12+1b-small.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 12+1c-small.jpg
    12+1c-small.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 3
Great pics!! Sounds like your results will come back great as well. It's so fun watching LO jump around and move like crazy isn't it?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->