• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pregnancy with donor sperm

I think typically they say you can hear the heartbeat around 8 weeks but you might be able to hear it a little earlier. I heard it at my 8 week scan. I have my first one with the obgyn next Wednesday. Not really sure what to expect there.

this is or 2nd scan, our first was 5+2, where we could see very little, just the gestational sac. I almost wish we hadnt had it as now I worry becos we couldnt see the baby. I am anxiously waiting this scan, just to see the 'baby' in there. I dont know why I do it to myself but i've read alot lately about a blighted ovum. I know thats terrible, I need to stop reading and relax....

I'm sure everything is great with your lo! If it was a bo you would know by the betas. My scan at 6+5 we were able to hear the heartbeats. My RE had a very new machine though. It all depends on how good the machine is and if the person doing the scan feels comfortable trying to listen that early. Honestly since I left the clinic I just heard the heartbeats at an OB's office for the first time on Monday. My old OB never listened. You should be able to hear it as long as they are still doing internal u/s's. :thumbup:

Both my babies have a strong fast heartbeat. I always tried to figure out the gender part but I guess that makes sense if they truly are both girls. We got the nursery all set up. :cloud9: I know it's early but with hubby's schedule we have to do things when we have the chance. Heres some pics of it so far. The swings will of course go downstairs and I'm hoping to get a glider to go next to the long dresser/changing table.

Attachments

• IMG_1490.jpg
    IMG_1490.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1491.jpg
    IMG_1491.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1492.jpg
    IMG_1492.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 4
Mrs C! Wow! That is truly amazing, I love it so so much. Is there 2 windows in the room? It looks lovely and bright and I love those little swingy thingys. I bet you just go in there and enjoy, I would never leave it. Makes it real huh?

Thank you! I'm so in love with it! Seeing the room all together does make it more real. There are 2 windows and it gets the bright morning sun. When we get sun. :haha: Thats a big plus to that room. :thumbup:

MrsC, what beautiful nursery!!!! I love it! And yes, I imagine how having it all ready makes it more real.

I'm not sure if I'll have a nursery ready before baby comes or not. It's been my experience (through my sister) that at least until babies are about 4 or 5 months, feel more comfortable in a little bassinet, cribs are so huge!!! So I might have the bassinet in our room (which has wheels so you can take it wherever you are) and then down the road get his/her room ready.

We live in a 2 bedroom condo with one of the bedrooms being ours and the other being office/craft room, eventually babie's room. We have been trying to move over the last year but no luck getting something on our price range.

I think we will do our nursery at the last minute, my oh I don't think will buy anything until the very end of my pregnancy. We shall see.
Like mrs c, I will definitely have the nursery ready even though baby will be with us for ages, it will be nice to have a room all done up and have baby storage, a nursing chair just to chill out in. Woo I feel so excited at the thought of it.
I guess the reality is, there will be a for in the nursery, another cot/basonette in our room and one downstairs! Wow that's a whole baby takeover. Imagine having 2!

MrsC - How precious! I love the nursery! I've been looking at some things just because Christmas is coming up and with this being the first grandchild on both sides, the grandparents are already looking to buy stuff. Hubby is working on painting our other spare room so we can switch the guest bedroom stuff over to that room and use the current guest bedroom as the nursery since it is right across the hall from our room. We'll probably have a bassinet to start with too but we'll definitely have the nursery all set up beforehand so we can store all the baby stuff and then switch them over easily.

We went out and saw Wicked last night which was really fun but I felt so sick all night! It was kind of distracting just feeling nauseous the whole time. I will be so glad when this morning sickness period is over! I want to get to the stage where I can start enjoying being pregnant.

The babies won't go in there for a while but I wanted it all put together. They will be sleeping with us in the bedroom for the first little while. I already have the twin pack and play for them to sleep in either upstairs or downstairs. They also make an At Arms Reach that is big enough for twins to share so I need to look into that. They are the first grandchildren as well so everyone is very excited for them to be here already.

Well gals I have hit 7 wks with a bang, morning sickness is kicking in, no actual vomiting yet (fingers crossed) but wow now when I wake up I feel like I'm going to puke. I have a couple of crackers beside the bed for the morning but all day now I can't even stomach to think about or cook food, the plainer the better. I wonder how long this will last?
Have you guys any tips or ideas on nutritious things to eat, I had a salad yesterday and it was so tough to eat.

Well gals I have hit 7 wks with a bang, morning sickness is kicking in, no actual vomiting yet (fingers crossed) but wow now when I wake up I feel like I'm going to puke. I have a couple of crackers beside the bed for the morning but all day now I can't even stomach to think about or cook food, the plainer the better. I wonder how long this will last?
Have you guys any tips or ideas on nutritious things to eat, I had a salad yesterday and it was so tough to eat.

My "morning sickness" is not very severe. I do need to eat every two hours and there are things I can't even think of eating. I also have to eat plain food. I haven't been able to stomach a salad but I'm eating broccoli, green beans and asparagus.

I eat a lot of pretzels (low fat whole wheat) and I'm trying to snack on cheese (I think protein snacks are better than carbohydrates). It seems to be working for me.

Morning sickness hit an all time low for me yesterday. I didn't leave the couch all day and felt horrible. I threw up for the first time too which actually helped settle my stomach for a little while. Nothing really seems to help and everything I've heard just says to eat what you can at this stage and concentrate more on nutrition when you can stomach it. I've been eating a ton of crackers lately but I eat the ritz bits ones that have peanut butter or cheese so there is a little bit of protein there too. I'll be really happy when morning sickness is done.

On a good note - I've been finding the baby's heartbeat every time with my doppler

I've had MS for weeks, not fun but I wouldn't trade it!! I read that if you have a hard time finding something to eat, try and describe something you could eat. Ie: Cold, Cool, Hot, Salty, Sweet, Sticky, Wet, Dry, Soft, Crispy, etc. For me, I have Zofran (a prescription for nausea / vomiting) which is AMAZING. I also have been drinking a LOT of 7 - up and DH made me jello which is a life saver!! I also heard not to worry too much about how healthy the food is - we can worry about that later on in the pregnancy, but now they just recommend us eating!

Thanks girls. It's good to know once I eat its good. I really can only stomach dry plain food and apples so I'm not doing too badly.

Dealing with crazy hurricane sandy here! Hopefully we won't lose power but it isn't sounding good.

Hey Raelynn. I hope you survived Sandy without too much distruption :)

I had my 7 wk 4 day scan today. We saw our liitle pudding, heart flickering away and the doc then flicked a switch and we could hear it. It was so fantastic. I left alot of tears in that room. She said the baby is measuring at 7 weeks, is this ok guys? She said everything was A Okay. We go back in 2 weeks :)

raelynn~ I hope everything is ok in your area.

WANBMUM~ That sounds great!! It's amazing isn't it?

AFM~ I think I have some sort of weird cold going on. I have the worst sore throat and headache ever. I meet with the Perinatologist for the first time tomorrow and also have a scan with them. After that we will meet with the genetic counselor. I hope that won't be difficult because of the whole donor thing. I just want the girls to be ok and not have anything wrong with them. After that I will see the OB again on the 20th.

MrsC - you poor thing, I had a really bad cold/cough all of last week and its so tiring. I still have the sniffles and a tickly cough. I hope your feeling ok soon.

Did you or any of you other ladies get the flu injection? Its been on my mind, i meant to ask my consultant today and i forgot.

What does the genetic counsellor do? WHat is its purpose? (sorry I am oblivious to anything beyond 7 weeks pregnant) :)

I got the flu shot. My first OB never brought it up but she didn't do much anyways. When I switched they were shocked I hadn't had it so thats the first thing they did last monday at my appointment. It's my first flu shot ever. :blush:

I have to see the genetic counselor because of my test results. It's not something many people have to do but if test results come back at high risk everything changes. I'm not even sure what will be done. I think they will talk to us about everything with Neural Tube Defect and our genetics (?). No idea really. I'll let you know how it goes though.

Ah ok, wishing you the best of luck. Let us know how your app goes x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->