pregnancy

Omg I hate insensitive people!!! that's all I gotten throughout my pregnancy, rude comments that are offensive. Don't even stress it the fact that they are saying that and not even thinking how offensive it is shows how ignorant they are. I realized through this pregnancy that people will be rude and make you feel like a fat whale no matter if you are pregnant and almost due, it's like they have no feelings to care how they effect you and put you down. urgh...i hate it so bad...i beed told constantly by being how big/huge of a belly i have , oh geez thanks that makes me feel better...For gods sakes i have a baby in there, and if you can't say what a nice belly i have than dont say anything at all...people have constantly made me feel fat and huge with their comments, so many times i have cried at home because of it. so just know you are not the only one, at least we'll know not to do that to other pregnant ladies.

How rude. I doubt that's how you look doll! Tbh I would of smacked them ok I have a short temp (maybe its the red hair :haha: ) plus hormons

I dont even understand why people make these comments they must know its hurtful? How can chubby ever be a nice word to be described as, same friend who thinka its totally diagusting that im going tontry breast feeding and cloth nappies because 'theres a reasin they made disposables and bottles' getting to the stage i am becoming defensive over anything, maybe i should keep my distance for now

That is not nice at all..I have told my oh family not to comment on my weight at all and then they are surprised when I get shitty at them for it so im avoiding them till baby is here

yesterday i had ' OMG! if your this big now, how big are you gonna be at 30 odd weeks!'
I was 8st before pregnancy and last time i was weighed i was 10st 3..so i know ive put on weight. But they might aswell of just called me a whale or a fat cow

I'll never understand why people think that pregnancy gives them automatic rights to comment on someone's body. If someone called me 'tubby' pre-pregnancy I would never speak to them again, but now I get it from a colleague almost daily.

Insensitive comments -

'You are definitely going to have a 10 pounder' - from my (male) boss

'Wow, you must have more than one in there' - from a complete random coming for a job interview at my work!!

'You really need to stop eating' - from a male colleague

'You used to be so thin' - from a 'friend'

All rude & inappropriate things to say, even before I was pregnant I would never say anything like this to a pregnant woman. I just don't get what makes people think they can say such rude comments, like us being pregnant gives them a pass to say what ever they want!

I agree with the other ladies, I dont understand WHY people think its OK to insult or to comment on the appearance of a pregnant lady. Last week I got called a tellytubby. I could have smacked the cow, honestly.

Just wait till its their turn...:laugh2:

So tonight i met my best friends (both of who dont have kids) and that was one of the comments i got - you would never know your pregnant you just look chubby! If i seen you in the street id just think ud put on weight.

What a compliment! Im 5ft 7 average build and have put on 1 stone, i have left feeling like a fat whale wish people knew what to say to pregnant people :-(

I even showed them under my top and was like look how hard it is and they were acting like they couldnt see it - im so confused im 31 weeks pregnant!!!

im the same as you 5 ft 8 put on just over a stone. now 33 weeks pregnant. Ive noticed my arms legs and face are a bit bigger but hey IM GROWING A BABY INSIDE ME! Everybody is different. Sod em i say!
It is seriously suprising what so called friends will say to you while your pregnant. Im still annoyed at my friend for innapropriate remarks she made a few weeks ago. Seriously do they not engage brain before they open their mouths??
Im sure u dont look like a fat whale at all!! Maybe a bit of jealousy??

With baby#1 I was too young to really care about people's opinions and comments and now, by baby#3, I'm pretty laid back and understanding about the asinine things that come out of people's mouths, but I hear ya!! I'm 35 weeks and I feel HUGE, way bigger than my other two. I ran into a fellow I haven't seen in about 8 months, when I said "after this one is born" he was shocked and said "Oh my god, you're expecting another?? I didn't even notice!!" REALLY??????:dohh: I'm almost NINE MONTHS PREGNANT!!!!! I have gained 25 pounds...Of course his shock was followed by "you do know what causes that, right?" Hmmmm...

Im so sorry they were SO RUDE! massive :hugs: Im sure you look LOVELY!

My mum first comment after I started to show was 'oh, your going to be like me, people are just going to think you're fat'. Cheers, thanks for that mum!

And then my friend wanted me to get up and do a twirl I front of a whole group of us to show everyone how big I'd got. Seriously?! She's had two kids both over 9 pounds each and she thinks this is an appropriate comment??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->