Pregnant 2 months after Blighted ovum - very nervous

laurynduarte

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So this is my first time joining a forum like this, and I hope I can get some good feedback. I have a son now who will be 3 in September. My husband and I were trying and ended up getting pregnant I found out in January. My appointment in February, there was a sac, but no baby. I was told I had a blighted ovum. I waited to miscarry on my own and everything emptied and I ended up bleeding for about a month, and had my period regular the following month (april 12th) I now took a test and found out I was pregnant. I went to the ER because I had brown spotting and was told that everything looked normal and that I have a follow up appointment in a week for my new pregnancy.

The thing that is killing me now, is the fact that because I went through the blighted ovum and miscarriage, I am so nervous something is wrong again. Everyone says go with your gut feeling, but I truly don't have one because I'm so nervous. Should I be ok? I have my appointment June 4th, but this is literally all I think about!:dohh:

I know exactly what you are feeling right now. I had a m/c last July, unexpectedly got pg again after just one AF, but sadly lost that pg too as it was a blighted ovum. Then I got another bfp just 5 weeks after my miscarriage. I dealt with extremely bad anxiety and fear with my first trimester as a result (not to mention I was having symptoms of a threatened miscarriage) but I'm 33+1 today and baby is kicking away. So there is hope. Hang in there and try to relax as best you can. I know it's hard but do the best you can and know that today you are pregnant.

This is me! I got pregnant in dec and found out the end of jan it was a blighted ovum. In march I found out I was pregnant again after first cycle trying. I had spotting for 11 days starting day before BFP. But so far everything is fine. I had an ultrasound at 9 weeks 4 days and it showed strong heart beat. I was a nervous wreck until I decided to take it just one day at a time. It has taken me a long time to start to feel like getting attached and I'm definitely not as excited this time as last time as I feel vulnerable. But stressing doesn't help. Just try to relax and take it as it comes. Worry only when there is something to worry about. Congrats to you!

I am sorry to hear about your blighted ovum. It is a very traumatic thing to go through and of course, you are going to worry with every future pregnancy afterwards. However the chances of it happening again are very low and there is more chance of your pregnancy going right than going wrong so please try your best to think positive even though I know that is much easier said than done!

I had a mmc in January, I started bleeding at 11 weeks and a scan showed only a fetal pole and empty sac. I was terrified it was going to happen again, however a scan showed not one but two healthy babies! :) .

I hope everything goes ok for you, which I think it will. Not long to go now until your scan, just under a week to go!

xx

Thank you so much everyone :) I will keep updated once I know. I have never joined one of these forums but I honestly feel soo much better. Most of my friends have had perfectly healthy pregnancies and so did I until my blighted ovum. But the spotting stopped it was only brown no red and I feel so nauseous so I think this is a good sign! Maybe it's a girl this time lol

So all of the advice was great that you guys provided me. I went in yesterday, and we found the little babe and the heartbeat!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->