Pregnant after 3 years and 6 miscarriages!.

Miss Rach

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am now 13 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby after 6 early miscarriages (4 weeks - 6 weeks) during a three year period. After the NHS could not find anything, despite every test under the sun, they put me in the "unexplained" and said that it was bad luck and to keep trying.

I was thirty seven and so decided to go to Zita West in London to see Dr George Ndukwe. He suggested the Chicago tests which revealed immune issues which caused the miscarriages.
On the fourth month of intravenous intralipid infusion therapy, I conceived naturally and began support medication.

I would advise anyone "unexplained" to have these tests done. They cost £1400, but it was worth every penny. If I wasn't testing early and was just waiting for my period, I might never have know I was miscarrying.

I knew there was something wrong. Trust your instincts ladies and never give up!!

Rach x

congrat's! We've been ttc 3 years also, I've had every test I can imagine now i'm getting a lap done and that's the last one but I will mention this to my doc!

Thanks ladies...

Absolutely do Baby Vaughan, I hadn't even heard of any of this stuff before...good luck!

x

Miss Rach, congratulations! Do you have a list of these tests? I did thyroid antibodies and it was negative. Do you know if this is sufficient or whether there are any other tests that need to be done? I know that some IVF clinics put women on intralipid infusion and pregnesolone after ET "just in case" as you never know if you have immunity issues and the testing is said to be very expensive. I did not know you can have these treatments without IVF. Did ZW supervise your cycle?

Hi Briss,
I had the thyroid tests done too - mine were negative. But, yes there are other tests out there which unfortunately are not available on the NHS and these were the source of my problem.

The ones I had were called Chicago tests - they basically looked at T cells, (TH1/TH2 which are to do with the immune system. If they are out of whack, your body attacks the embryo. I also had a clotting test done - PAI - 1, which is not available on the NHS. It transpired I had issues with both of these things. They also did the NK cells and looked to see if OH and I had similar DNA, both these were negative. The testing is not expensive compared to IVF! £1400 altogether for the Zita West consultations and tests which were sent to America.

Basically Zita West said to me, because you are conceiving, you don't need IVF (I liked that, considering they're an IVF clinic!) They sent me back to my own Gynae who gave me the Intralipid infusion and on the fourth month I conceived. The intralipid dampens down the out of whack T cells and allows the pregnancy to start. Then I had a whole host of support drugs - steroids etc to support the embryo.
Zita West just said, let us know when you're pregnant - they were so optimistic that it would happen for me. I was like yeah yeah, yadda, yadda...

I would suggest anybody who had recurrent miscarriage or who suspects they are conceiving, but losing quickly, to have these done.

Perhaps look into it?

Rach x

Rach, thanks! that's very helpful. will definitely look into this. I was thinking of ZW for a while, I may book an initial consultation with her, really interested to know what she may suggest.

I actually didn't get to see the lady Zita - I was referred to Dr George Ndukwe who works there. Look him up - he has amazing success. In fact the clinic's success rates for IVF are staggering. Book a consultation with him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->