Pregnant after a miscarriage, extremely scared.

lexxi

Reaction score
I had a miscarriage February 7th, at just 5 weeks. It was the first miscarriage I'd ever had and my second time being pregnant, things went so well with my first I guess I never even took a second thought to the possibility of the fact that something could go wrong. The miscarriage scared me and made me an emotional wreck, I wasn't ready to try for another right away, I needed time to get past the pain. So I got my first period on March 25th, and decided we'd try again, I didn't expect to fall pregnant the first time trying, but I did. I am so happy but there is a big part of me that is scared, I find myself examining the toilet paper after I pee checking for even a hint of pink or red, i am going to drive myself crazy! I've had a lot of people say to me once you have a miscarriage you're prone to them and will have repeat ones over and over... Is this true? Of course it's always a possibility and no one can guarantee it won't happen, but because I've had one am I more likely to have a miscarriage now?

I am so sorry for your loss and I am so sorry people have told you false information. I have suffered a miscarriage and also a chemical pregnancy so I know your exact fears. It's not abnormal to check the toilet paper every time you wipe after suffering a loss like ours. However, please don't think that just because you have had a miscarriage you will not go on to have a perfectly normal pregnancy. There are so many reasons for miscarriages...most of which we don't know. My mother-in-law had her first child...suffered a miscarriage...and then went on to have a perfectly healthy child after that. So there is no real reason to automatically expect another miscarriage this time around. That being said it doesn't mean you won't...it's just not likely. Only time and progression of the pregnancy will help ease your fears and anxiety but just try to relax. Trust me I know how hard that is. I hope this helps!

Im so sorry for ure loss hun. I understand what ure going thru. I had a miscarriage 5 yrs ago and now.that I'm prego again after almost a year and a half of trying I'm kinda nervous. I spot check my panties and tissue as well smh. I stopped having sex with my OH cus I don't wanna cus anything to go wrong. Overall I've Jis been trying to take one day at a time and try not to think of the negatives.

I understand your fear as I too had a very healthy first pregnancy with my four year old daughter. Then we fell pregnant when she was under one and it ended in my first miscarriage....and then a second one on her first birthday. It completely heartbreaking. But I am now 21 weeks pregnant with a boy chin up sweetie eventually the worry will simmer down. :hugs:

Hi, i had mc's b4 having my dd's. And cp after. Pregnant again now and constantly checking everytime i feel wet,pants and toilet paper. Hope this is your sticky xx

Sorry for your loss. I know how heartbreaking it is :( I was roughly four weeks pregnant and I started bleeding on 20th March 2014. It only lasted 3-4 days. I had two lots of bloods and they were at 0, also ky internal scan showed nothing.

They told me I could start right away seeing as I'd be ovulating soon.
I did, and I caught right away.

I have also scared myself into believing that because I miscarried it'll happen again and again and I'd need help keeping a baby.
But, all the pregnancy tests I have done during this pregnancy so far have been stronger and darker than ever before, even with my daughter. I also had bloods done and they said my Hcg and.progesterone levels are amazing.

I've booked myself in for a private early scan tonight so I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck to you, you won't need it! And stop stressing, I know it's hard not to but you need to! :) xxxx

I am really really sorry for your loss :(. It seems you and I are pregnant at the same time!!! My last period was on March 26th. I took a test last night and got my first BFP!! I think I am 19dpo right now.

Maybe we can be buddies? ^^

By the way, you are not alone in feeling nervous or scared. I too am scared. I hear a lot about miscarriages especially over the web and well it freaks me out.

You're not alone hun :hugs: I hate this anxiety I have but it's completely normal given what we've been through. Just try and stay positive and enjoy every day of your pregnancy :flower: x

Hiya i had mc 1st pregnancy and I'm sorry to tell u this but your worry wont ease! I got pregnant 6 months after and had a healthy baby boy. I used a Doppler everyday to ease my fears. He is 13 months now and I'm 12 weeks with number 2. I'm still worrying and use my Doppler twice a day! Good luck with this pregnancy I'm sure everything will turn out fine :) the fear for me didn't go until I held my boy for the first time, in my head I thought at least my body can't hurt him... Pretty sad really :( xxx

Sorry for your loss. I know how heartbreaking it is :( I was roughly four weeks pregnant and I started bleeding on 20th March 2014. It only lasted 3-4 days. I had two lots of bloods and they were at 0, also ky internal scan showed nothing.

They told me I could start right away seeing as I'd be ovulating soon.
I did, and I caught right away.

I have also scared myself into believing that because I miscarried it'll happen again and again and I'd need help keeping a baby.
But, all the pregnancy tests I have done during this pregnancy so far have been stronger and darker than ever before, even with my daughter. I also had bloods done and they said my Hcg and.progesterone levels are amazing.

I've booked myself in for a private early scan tonight so I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck to you, you won't need it! And stop stressing, I know it's hard not to but you need to! :) xxxx

Good luck with your scan xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->