Pregnant after an early loss

LaurenM.

Reaction score
This is going to be long...or confusing...possibly both. For that, I'll apologize now.

My husband and I got pregnant over a year ago after undergoing fertility treatments. The miscarried the day my period was supposed to show up. It was very traumatic, I was st work when I started to miscarry. I had two previous easy pregnancies so it was unexpected.
We tried again a few times unsuccessfully. We found out we were pregnant this October, after another round of treatments. I made it to 6w5d and then had a horrible bleed. I shut down, assuming we'd lost our baby again. Around December 12th I had a similar bleed. Because of morbid curiosity, I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. I thought that maybe we'd conceived naturally after our miscarriage and lost yet another. I finally made an appointment with my OB for RPL work up and to get checked out. They did an ultrasound and to our utter dismay and delight, we were still pregnant. And they could find no reason for the bleeding. We had a healthy, active baby in there. There has been no more bleeding and everything looks good so far. I'm just over 20 weeks today.
While talking with my mother today, she casually mentions that my cousin just lost her baby (I didn't know she was pregnant) at 18 weeks. She's suffered a stillborn in the past as well... When I was pregnant for my son. My first reaction was total sadness for her. I can't imagine her pain right now. My second reaction. Terror. Utter and complete terror. I've been having panic attacks all day long. I know miscarriage/infant loss isnt contagious. I know that I'm pregnant right now and I can feel my little lady moving about. But I can't help but be scared. And I don't know how to let it go. I don't feel comfortable talking to my cousin about this. We're not close, and frankly, after what she's been through, the last thing I would want is my still-pregnant family member badgering me with questions.
Has anyone else gone trough with this? How did you cope?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->