Pregnant after IUD removal?

EarthMamaa

Reaction score
Hi everyone - long time lurker but this is my first post!
I had my Mirena IUD removed 24 May. My partner works where he is away for long periods of time. We BD May 25. The next day I had what seemed like a light period from 26 May - 1 June. I am not sure if this is just from the removal or was an actual period. Is it possible to conceive the day after an IUD removal? Having what feels like symptoms.

Welcome! (I've been absent for about 3.5 years lol)

I am kind of experiencing similar to you.

I got my Mirena IUD out on June 5th. I started bleeding again 2 days later (I think) on June 7th. It's heavier than when I had the IUD (I hardly noticed it then). Flow was heavy this morning, but has almost subsided as of this evening. Hubby and I did the deed this past Saturday (June 9th). This morning I woke up fine, but later in the morning, around 10am, started experiencing headache and fatigue and took a 2 hour nap! Not much else going on other than that.

After much research tonight to find out what's happening, I am either back on my period, or the uterine lining is shedding from having the IUD taken out after almost 3 years. I have read that it IS possible to get pregnant right after removal, even the same day.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing these same things?

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I got my Mirena out just over two weeks ago, and started bleeding more heavily than I ever did when I had it in. What's interesting though, is this time around (TTC #3), I'm using a fertility monitor that charts how high my estrogen vs progestin levels are. The first few days, while I was still bleeding and up until a few days after, the numbers were all over the charts - straight up wonky. But after around a week or so, everything kinda leveled out and started showing me what I expected to be seeing in a typical cycle. Because of that, I fully believe that having the IUD removed triggered menstruation, and that I am now in my first cycle... According to the chart, I should be ovulating in the next 2-3 days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->