pregnant after operation

pink_phoenix

Reaction score
hi there, hope all you wonderful ladies are well,
I just wondered if any one had found out they were pregnant after pretty major surgery or had any whilst pregnant?

I had a brain/head operation and found out just after that I was pregnant, going off what my cycles are like id have conceived a day or two prior to the op and a little worried as to any harm it could have done?
I actually took a test as my previous af was late and it came back negative and would be too early to even know the cycle of my operation.

ive had an early scan at 7 week and the tech said everything looked ok but when ive asked my own gp he response was well its done now, we get mothers that are crack addicts so im unsure weather to be comforted by that or not.

would love to hear form any one whos had surgery with no complications to the baby or found out like myself after that they are pregnant.

oh btw im now just under 12 weeks and due for my 12week scan within the next week or so

many thanks in advance

love pink xxxx

Hi pink,
I haven't gone through this, but if you conceived very soon before the op then your egg would still have been floating down your tube ... the baby would not have been implanted yet or connected to your blood supply. So any effects would probably be minimal :) Hope that your scan goes well!

I dont have advice on this specifically, but my SIL had surgery before she knew she was pregnant.

She ended up being rushed to the emergency room for an ectopic...but she didnt even know she was pregnant. They did surgery and removed the tube. She kept getting positive HPt's for weeks and weeks and weeks....they finally did an ultrasound and she was pregnant with her twins. She oringially had triplets and the one was lost with her tube, and was pregnant with her twin girls the same time as the surgery, unebknownst to everyone else!

Her girls just turned 12 and are amazing little spitfires :flower:

Hi pink,
I haven't gone through this, but if you conceived very soon before the op then your egg would still have been floating down your tube ... the baby would not have been implanted yet or connected to your blood supply. So any effects would probably be minimal :) Hope that your scan goes well!

thank you for your reply, I did think that myself but its always nice to know other people are on the same wave length haha xx

I dont have advice on this specifically, but my SIL had surgery before she knew she was pregnant.

She ended up being rushed to the emergency room for an ectopic...but she didnt even know she was pregnant. They did surgery and removed the tube. She kept getting positive HPt's for weeks and weeks and weeks....they finally did an ultrasound and she was pregnant with her twins. She oringially had triplets and the one was lost with her tube, and was pregnant with her twin girls the same time as the surgery, unebknownst to everyone else!

Her girls just turned 12 and are amazing little spitfires :flower:

wow that is some story, the body is defo more amazing than anyone ever seems to understand. thank you so much for your reply, it defo goes a little was to making me feel a little more relaxed towards it all. Think my doctor could have come up with a better answer tho, I didn't really know whether to laugh or cry haha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->