Pregnant again

Googiepie

Reaction score
So, I missed my period for this month and decided to test today. It was positive! My OH and I are happy, but then on the other hand, my LO is only 10 months. Am I stupid for having a second one so soon? I always wanted my kids to be close in age but is this too close? I'm also scared of being judged by family and friends. I'm happy but stressed!

I remember you! Our LOs are very close in age :) If you want LOs close in age I bet it will be a little difficult at first but totally worth it when they get a little older!! I would consider doing the same but I was SO sick during my entire pregnancy so I am afraid to miss out on my little guys early years by being pregnant (and sick!) again! Good luck to you!! Congrats!!

Thank you! 😊 I just my family takes the news better than last time. Since I'm not married, they're not that accepting.

Congrats! And you're not stupid. It will be stressful I'm sure but also amazing to have two little ones close in age. :hugs:

Congrats! My girls are 19 months apart, found out when my oldest was 11 months on the day. My LO is 2 months old now and I've honestly found it to be much easier than I expected and Eliza adores her little sister. I'm glad I had them close in age. Don't worry about it being too difficult. I found going from 1-2 kids MUCH easier than going from nit having kids to being a mom.

You're not stupid! Mine are 18 months apart, we were aiming for a 2 year gap but it all happened a lot quicker than we thought. We love it!

Don't worry about what others think, it's what you and your OH think that matters!

We are aiming to have this gap so no I don't think you are crazy. My dd will be nine months in January and that will be when we start ttc no 2. Like pp's have said I am expecting a tough few years but then once they are out of the baby stage and can play together and we can start doing trips etc as a family it will be worth it!

Congrats and good luck!

Hey Googiepie.
My first two kids are 13 months apart, my last two are 14 months apart and I'm expecting another baby when lo is about 12mo.
I love small gaps. It's definitely challenging. Sometimes fun, sometimes really not! The hardest part is the first six months.
There's a group in Pregnancy Club called two under two. It's a bit slow at the moment but there are others in your shoes and some good survival tips.
Congratulations! !

Ps people are judgemental no matter what you do. They'd judge if you had a bigger gap, or no more kids at all. Stuff 'em! Enjoy your own choices :)

Thank you, ladies! 😄 OH and I are excited.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

I don't think you're stupid at all. My LO was 8 months (so 3 wks ago) when I found out and we were trying. We wanted a close age gap even though I was so nervous but I couldn't be more excited now.

My dd2 isnt one yet (next week) and weare expecting number 3 injust over 6 weeks! Nobody has been judgemental at all and we are excited (yet admittedly slightly nervous!) About having two so close.

Congratulations hun!!

Will be a very similar age gap to mine!!

It's not easy I will admit, but everyone keeps promising me it DOES get easier!!

Just think how close they'll be :)

Congratulations! ! There are 12 months between my nephews and I know my sister found the first bit hard but they are 4 and 5 now and so close and play together so nicely (most of the time lol) don't worry what others will think as long as you and OH are happy that's all that matters.

Congratulations! There are 20 months between my boys and I love the age gap. It was tough at first but now it's fantastic. So much so we went for number 3 aiming for a similar age gap!

Yaay congratulations, enjoy your growing family and don't worry about what anyone thinks :) I'm jealous, we have to wait! Hehe xxx

I would always have had a year apart between mine if i was brave enough lol i think its lovely when children are close in age! i have a 4 1/2 yo a 2 yo and a 10 day old so that works out 2 1/2 years between first two and exactly 2 years between 2nd and 3rd. There are pro's and cons to having children close in age so just think of the positives rather than the negatives. I cant really think of many negatives to be honest with you only that you cant sleep in the day and catch up on sleep but that just come with having more than 1 child anyway lol. Good luck hun and don't even worry about what other people think if your happy then go for it. You wont regret it as you will have another beautiful baby so i wouldn't worry if i were you and congratulations x

I don't think that's too close, I think it's going to be lovely! 19/20 month age gap :)

Wish I had LO's close in age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->