Pregnant? Am I crazy?

oops_a_baby

Reaction score
Hi. I've been feeling a little bit weird for a week. Sore boobs, mild cramps, funny taste in my mouth. Sounds like I could be pregnant, right?
But, I had a 'period' less than 3 weeks ago and only had sex once about 7 days ago. I didn't think it was out of the ordinary bleeding at the time although looking back, I could convince myself it was lighter.
So I had a really old opk in the bathroom cabinet (3 years out of date!), peed on it last Wednesday - BFP.

I ordered some pregnancy tests and tested on Monday evening - BFP!

I don't have an appointment with the midwife for 2 weeks, so I'm a little anxious about the 'period' and what that means. Also have no idea if I'm 2 weeks pregnant or 7 weeks!

I don't want to get super excited or obsessed (although I have joined a forum) if it's a mistake.

Any advice or similar experience with heavy implantation bleeding or very early bfps?

Congratulations!

So did you get your BFP 2 days ago?

It takes between 6-12 days for implantation to occur after fertilisation and that's when a test would start to pick up hcg from the embryo. So to get a BFP five days after sex is pretty unlikely I would say.

I think, and it's only my opinion, it's more likely the bleeding was implantation bleeding and you're more like 7 weeks along.

I don't think (I could be wrong because everyone is different) you'd be experiencing so many obvious pregnancy symptoms a week in hon x

Ovulation usually occurs about a week and a half after your period. If you had a period less than 3 weeks ago and had sex about 7 days ago, it's very likely you could've been ovulating then. I got sore boobs and cramping about 4 days before my period was supposed to come. I think part of it is that your body is getting ready for pms and isn't sure about what to do with your period yet. I think it's pretty possible that you could be 1 week pregnant. But like mrs Mac said the test may not pick it up yet, especially since you tested in the evening. It's still possible tho, either way congrats and I'm sure the midwife will be able to offer more insight

This is why I'm feeling a bit crazy. I know that I wouldn't get a BFP so soon if I was less than 2 weeks. So I can only think that it's either a mistake (but what would make 6 pregnancy tests positive - dark lines?) or I'm about 7 weeks along - but then what was the bleeding all about?
Hopefully I won't go bonkers waiting to see the midwife.

i know it's rare but a friend of mine has four kids and she had a light bleed every month for the first three months with her first three! I've quite literally never heard of anyone else having that but I guess anything is possible!

Good luck, hope you can get to see the midwife soon x

I am a success story of bleeding when period is due! I had what I thought was a light period right when I was due on - lasting around five days but sure enough I was pregnant and now 29 weeks! I also had negative tests before the bleeding and only slightly positive tests after which took a while to get to a proper positive test! Best of luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->