Pregnant and Chronic illnesses

crownest

Reaction score
HI everyone

I'm new and delighted to be here I'm 36 and 9 weeks pregnant and still can't believe it ! So apologies for the following long message while I give some back round.

I have a complicated medical history but basically I have arthritis and hypermobility so my joints dislocate a lot and I have chronic pain and tiredness. 3 years ago I nearly died due to a rare complication with my meds and was in hospital for a number of months . Well the day I walked out of hospital I decided enough was enough and it was time to get on with life. I cut down my meds and followed physio advice and stopped using crutches after 5 years. I got married and got on a plane to start a new life thousand of miles away from family and friends.

Now my confidence is fading. I have bad ms and I'm worried about how my body will cope. I can't talk to family or friends as they where worried about me before I got pregnant , and my mother would want me on next plane home it has already being suggested by many that I should come home and my husband can fly in for birth !

My question is anyone else pregnant with a chronic illness and how are you coping ? I also just need a rant ☺

Hi, I have ms and chronic fatigue and have 5 children. I actually felt very well while pregnant. I found out yesterday I'm pregnant again it was unplanned and a massive shock. We had agreed no more as I'm now 38. I haven't even worked out how to tell my husband.
my advice would be eat well and try to stay as stress free as possible :) congratulations x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->