Pregnant and have a 2 year old and very very tired :(

AJT

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has got any advice in what I could do to rest as I'm finding it really impossible to get even a 20 min kip in the day :( I feel so exhausted

I don't have any advice but I feel your pain. Pregnant with a 1 year old! So tiring. At least he has one nap a day.

My DD was 2 in August so I can relate. I actually find fresh air helps give me energy in the day. Although I did doze off momentarily on Monday while me&DD were having a cuddle in the living room! She got up to mischief with the sudocrem until OH walked in and called me. Oops! She has a nap usually although not every day. Has your LO stopped napping? I'm dreading when the naps stop permanently. I'm dozing off on the sofa before actually getting to bed most nights.

I feel your pain also so no advise really. Mine is only 10 months so still naps twice usually but most days im trying to catch up on things round the house when he naps. And then i have days like today where he has slept for 10 mins in the car and that was after tying to wear him out at a play centre (worked on me mind im shattered )

no advise unless anyone can have your LO for a bit?

i was literally falling over my own feet with tiredness the last two weeks but now im tired, but feeling a little better. hang in there xx

I have this to look forward to as well :haha: I am feeling OK at the mo, have just been going to bed a bit earlier and DH has taken LO down a couple of times so I could grab an extra hour. When I start getting tireder I will probs nap after lunch for an hour when LO does!

Does your lo still nap through the day ? I slept when she did and early nights

I feel your pain! I am absolutely exhausted, my oldest 5 are at school so I just have my 29 month old and 13 month old at home during the day but they virtually never nap at the same time so I'm on the go all day! Also my 13 month old still wakes at night so I don't even get a good sleep then :(
As someone else has said, I do find getting out for fresh air on the school run helps and wakes me up a bit, but I'm in bed by 9pm at the latest or I'm asleep on the sofa!

I'm the same way. Dreading when DH gets a job. :(

Does your LO still nap? With my last pregnancy, I napped when he did and it made my day so much easier. This time, I have only one that naps, but we usually put on a DVD and lie on the sofa then so I can doze off for 15 minutes or so. Not a lot, but it does help!

I'm also going to bed earlier as well. Sucks a bit but its just temporary.

Yes it can be exhausting! I have an almost 2yo and a 3y10mo (neither of which nap) and work once they're in bed, so some days are tough. But agree with above - it is temporary and the fatigue will get better as the pregnancy goes on. 1st tri is the worst! :hugs:

I feel your pain! I am absolutely exhausted, my oldest 5 are at school so I just have my 29 month old and 13 month old at home during the day but they virtually never nap at the same time so I'm on the go all day! Also my 13 month old still wakes at night so I don't even get a good sleep then :(
As someone else has said, I do find getting out for fresh air on the school run helps and wakes me up a bit, but I'm in bed by 9pm at the latest or I'm asleep on the sofa!

I just have to say wow and well done! My tiredness is NOTHING compared to how tired you must be feeling.

Only advice I have is to have a few special activities that can be done while you lay on the floor--like coloring, maybe buy new crayons, some new crafty things, and a few new books so you can get a bit of a rest while lo plays.

Do you have a friend or family member who can help you our?

I know how you feel. I work full time ad I have a 2 year old and a three year old and we just moved house so I'm still unpacking.

It's a crazy time. Some days OH lets me have a nap after work and makes supper for us. Weekends are always lazy pj days lol.

I feel your pain I'm a stay-at-home mom to a 4yr old, and 15 month old...but thankfully both my kids have a nap each afternoon. I would try to get to bed early in the evening, and on days that your beyond exhausted ask your OH to watch your daughter while you nap for an hour. It can be tough...hang in there mama!

I have a 3 and 4 year old so I feel your pain lol
I pop a movie on and flake out on the couch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->