Pregnant and overweight, who else is worried about weight gain?

MeaganMackenz

Reaction score
hey gals :)

I'm 26, married and pregnant for the third and most likely the last time. I'm currently about a Canadian size 20, and got that way through babies. I was a size 13 or about 150 pounds when my first daughter came nearly 6 years ago. I'm not a very active person, I don't eat a lot either. Not to say I don't indulge poorly from time to time.
I gained 50, yes 50, pounds with dd1, smartened up and gained half that with dd2. Only problem is, I don't lose anything in the middle. I've never lost weight, I've always maintained a weight, I've been 225 to 227 for 3 years. Now I'm sitting at 225 pounds and terrified to gain even a pound. I know my bmi recommends I only gain 10 to 15 pounds and I'm worried I'll gain more.

Anyone else with the same worries?

I started overweight at 217lbs. I Was nervous about gaining weight but I lost 18lbs due to severe morning sickness my first trimester. So at this point since I have just started eating (with some bad days thrown in) I'm more nervous about the weight loss.

I'm not worried at all. With DD I started at 216 lbs went down to 211 lbs first 14 weeks. Then I went up to 235 lbs the last month pregnant and a week after having DD I was down to 205 lbs. I am now starting at 222 lbs with this pregnancy and am not concerned.

I also try to watch what I eat and do portion control I even had an exercise routine going before my last chemical (I had fallen out of it) and then got pregnant 2nd month after the chemical and just taking it easy. I'll lose the weight after our hopefully last pregnancy (we want two children).

That's always how I felt, I'll lose it when we're done. But that's the ambitious me speaking, lazy me usually wins :/

Try not to worry about it. I also had this fear when I first became pregnant. I was 222 pregnancy (here at home), at doctor's they weighed me in at 225. As of this past Monday at the doctor's, I weighed in at 217 (I'm roughly same here at home too). I lost 8lbs almost right off the bat due to very bad ms and food aversions. Slowly gained it back, and I think at the beginning of Sept, I weighed in at 224. I've since gone backwards again. Doctor isn't worried about it, at least that she's mentioned. OH is worried, but he worries about every little thing lol.

Hi Meagan,

I'm really new to this forum so have no idea if I can private message you - sorry if this is the wrong way to get ahold of you. I just found out i'm pregnant, I'm overwieght and live in Winnipeg. I fear being referred to an OBGYN who isn't sensitive or who assumes that I'm highrisk because of my higher BMI - did you have a good experience with your OB or midwife? Could you recommend? Do you know if there's a way of finding out which OBs are "curvy girl" friendly?

Thanks so much!

I feel the same. Because I got pregnant five months after giving birth I didn't lose much weight at all. 15 lbs heavier then the last two times and I usually gain at least 50 pounds. However I found being heavier this time I haven't gained anything and I'm 14 weeks. I know its coming tho and that's the thing no matter what you do your gonna gain weight. So I'm looking at it to not stress and just know when I have this baby I have to lose the weight. Enjoy your pregnancy you want some cookies have some just don't over do it.

Okay. Uhm. I am heavier than you are. And will my DD, my OB suggest only gaining 10lbs, in the end I gained 30 or so pounds. I ended up with Gestational Diabetes. After I had DD, I took the 30 off plus an extra 10 in 2weeks.

Weight has been an issue all my life. This time, 14 weeks in, I have lost 2- 2.5 pounds. I am not sure how, but I can not complain. I am worried about it mostly because I want to avoid GD, and another large baby... and any complications that may arise.

I won't say how much I weigh exactly.. but it is a bit more than you for sure. I would say just eat healthy and stay active within your ability.

I'm really worried about my weight. I gained about 30lbs with DD but lost it mostly within 2 weeks of giving birth but was still considered overweight. I'm starting this pregnancy about 10lbs more than I was before dd and dreading being pregnant over the winter when the lbs just seem to pile on. But my plan is to just eat healthy and walk as much as possible.

I think medical professions are use to people being overweight now days as its part of normal life. I've watched many programs of people being bigger than me giving birth! And I'm over 350lbs! So please don't worry so much it just part of life.

Im not worried about weight gain at all. I was about 207 pre pregnancy and ive only gained about 5lbs and im 27.5 weeks. The baby will end up using more of your reserve to gain weight. Just watch your carbs and such and dont over eat. All that ive done is just eat healthier and the extra weight stays off. Being overweight we dont need to gain much as baby takes from us otherwise. Im glad as its way less to loose later.

I am very overweight and have had my pregnancies very close together. I cut grains, dairy and sugar and lost 70 pounds in a few months just before conceiving this baby (as I cannot lose weight when I'm breastfeeding. It just doesn't happen for me.) I have thyroid issues, pcos and other problems that make it very easy for me to gain weight and very difficult to lose it, but now that I know that my body likes being without grains, dairy and sugar, I plan on eating that way throughout the majority of the pregnancy. I know I will lose weight during the pregnancy, and my doctor is okay with that. I did this during my second pregnancy and weighed 10 pounds less right before I gave birth than I did when I got pregnant, and he is just perfect! I just try not to lose weight in the first ten weeks of pregnancy because some studies show that it makes your child more likely to become obese, so I will cut the grains and sugar once that time comes.

I'm currently overweight and expecting in December. My doctor keeps giving me those looks like you shouldn't be gaining but she says I'm fine. I lost 14 pounds my first trimester due to bad morning sickness and just now have started putting it back on at least ten of it. Maybe it's in my head idk. While it's my first time being prego I have a ton of chubby family who have all had no issues with being heavier and with child. I'm hoping to get over my dr issues or just talk openly at my next visit. Just letting you ladies know you are not alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->