Pregnant and sick!

PandaMao

Mom to 1
Reaction score
So I found out on Thursday that I'm pregnant. Layer tat same day I started getting cold symptoms. I haven't sen my doctor yet so I'm not sure what's safe and what isn't. I've just been drinking lots of orange juice so hopefully the vitamin c will help kick this cold in the butt. As if that isn't bad enough I've been feeling nauseous all day every day for over a week. I'm so happy to be pregnant, but I just want to feel normal again. Sorry this is all complainy. I just needed a little vent.

Just keep an eye on your body temperature and check with your Dr. what over the counter meds might be ok for a cold, if any. Good luck!

Feeling stuffy and snotty can be an early pregnancy symptom! Your body creates extra mucus to form a plug in your cervix...So it might not be a cold at all. Generally Drs advise against the use of decongestants, but if you are feeling head-achy paracetamol is fine to take. Try breathing in steam to help clear your airways, and eating little and often might help keep the nausea at bay. Good luck and congratulations!

You've got a few weeks to go yet. I was feeling sick from 4-8 weeks then a little relapse at the begin of week 10. My allergies have also gotten a lot worse and I use my inhaler a lot more. I was told to take no other medication in first tri minus morning sickness tablets but some say its fine.

I got an awful cold with really bad cough at around 8 wks (still have it although it's much better now). Dr tried me on steam and saline nasal spray to try and clear it up. No good, ended up having to go on antibiotics last week and they seem to have helped. Just remember that your body has a lot going on and so it will take longer than 'normal' to get over a little bug. Be kind to yourself and rest (I didn't have that option but I wish I had).

Oh, I also had a stuffy nose for the entire duration of my first pregnancy. I'm hoping this one doesn't do that!

I also had a nasty cold the week I found out I was pregnant. My doctor said with it being that early in pregnancy, that she didn't recommend me taking anything. Just lots of fluids and resting, and to try to beat it without meds. Good luck!!

Thanks ladies. I've definitely been resting.I had today and yesterday off and all I did was lay out on the couch or in bed.What a waste of two days, but I know I need all the rest I can get.I'm hoping I don't have to go on antibiotics, but with as bad as I'm feeling that may be necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->