Pregnant and think they know whats best for you...

lily24

Reaction score
*RANT ALERT*

Ok, so i was at a staff doo at the weekend. Just a nice meal and drinks (unfortinatly not me tho!) :cry:

One of the guys i work with brought his pregnant other half along.. :witch:

'What would you like to start' The waitress asks 'Ill have prawn cocktail' i said..

'U ARE NOTALOWED TO EAT PRAWNS WHILE PREGNANT!!!' His OH screams accross the table at me while she sits drinking her 2nd full fat Coke ordering Haggis and telling us how she was stuffing her face with crisps before she came out!!

I ask her why amnt aye? Just because she says..
I explained to her that i am not completly useless and have read up on being pregnant too.. eat things in moderation and know my own body and baby.
I screamed to her 'what would you prefer it if i just ate a pill everyday and avoid everything soild?????!!!!'

Was so annoyed and still am!!! I have read up on foods to avoid and food to take in moderation millions of times and i would never order a rare steak or fill myself with caffeine!

Im back to work today with her OH and finding it very hard to be civil to him

Afterall, they are the ones who eat at macdonalds 3times a week and fill themselfs with coke and anything else full of sugar, thats whats most annoying as i have been looking after myself :hissy:

I would never touch the resturant full stop if it had a bad reputation or if i thought my prawns werent cooked properly

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr some people...

"just because"

Ok if people have an actual reason not to do/eat something then fair enough, but if she'd of said just because to me id of pee'd myself and come back with some witty comment.

Exactly..

I was in so much shock about the way she spoke to me like that i couldnt think!

I asked her OH 2day where she got the idea from that prawns werent allowed in a pregnant womans diet (as far as i know they are as long as they are cooked properly) He replies 'Because of the high level of mercury'

My Face :dohh: Shows how much she knows then as its nothing to do with mercury

Just felt she was trying to be little me and act like she knows more about pregnancy

Wanted to know how everyone on here felt about her 'telling me off' :rofl:

I'd have thrown prawns at her. I threw cheese triangles at my SIL when she tried dictating to me about what I could and couldn't eat (she's pregnant too) then shouted at her that it was mould matured cheese and goats cheese and that I do in fact read the ingredients to make sure it was pasturised milk etc.

I'd have thrown prawns at her. I threw cheese triangles at my SIL when she tried dictating to me about what I could and couldn't eat (she's pregnant too) then shouted at her that it was mould matured cheese and goats cheese and that I do in fact read the ingredients to make sure it was pasturised milk etc.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have a thought.

Print off the information thread from this forum on what to eat and not eat when pregnant, and give it to her OH. Be friendly and tell him you thought she might appreciate the extra information. ;)

She might not read it, but he might - and you never know he could start lecturing her on her diet. Although if she wanted to poison her baby, that's really she problem, at least you know better. :D

:rofl::rofl:
I know it bothers me so much how other pregnants try to act like they know so much and you don't know jack! I get pregnants preaching at me telling me it's bad if I drink half a cup of coke every few days!:hissy: When they may not know it but I drink 4 8 oz. glasses of milk everyday + at LEAST 6 glasses of water, and that I DON'T eat fast food! Especially when I get pregnants telling me I don't need an epidural and trying to tell me all this bull, ARGHH IT MAKES ME MAD!:hissy::hissy:

Oh I hate it when people tell me what to do/what not to do.

And prawns are just fine, my OB encourages me to eat them--they are actually quite healthy in pregnancy, in moderation, just like everything else! Some people :wacko:

It is a bit ridiculous some of the things you hear that you arnt supposed to do while pregnant. Half of it is overly cautious rant anyways.

I feel bad after reading this cause i drink coke everyday, water is horrid too me and i can only drink fruit juice now and again , makes me feel bad for not looking after baba =[[

wow that sounds crazy! y would some one wana do that if they new that it could harm there baby it doesnt make sence to me!

Phew! so glad im not over reacting. Def gona print the 'what to eat' section from here and give it to him :rofl:

what a cheek!!! i have eaten loads of prawns since finding out im pregnant and i did with my first pregnancy to!! as long as they are cooked properly they wont harm you at all, looks like she should read up before she opens her mouth i hate know it alls who obviously dont know it all!

prawns are fine to eat. i love them and have ate them tons throughout my pregnancy so boo hoo to her!

i am fed up of being told what to do by people also - esp people who think they know 'best' and because they have had kids. i have started avoiding certain people it has got so bad.

rant over

hope your okay

Christine
XX

I can't believe some people are so cheeky! What you eat (good or bad) is none of her business).

Next time someone questions you I would ask which medical school they studied at ;)

it's for reasons like this I'm not looking froward to 'coming out' of the pregnancy closet!!!

It frustrates me as well.

I hate being lectured. Especially by people who dont know what they're talking about.

I like what bumpity said :rofl: . That's something I'd ask. *Makes mental note for next time*

And prawns are fine (as has been stated here numerous times already) I haven't been able to handle the taste of them since I fell pregnant but if you like them then go ahead and eat them! :hugs:

WHAT???!!! You mean it? :happydance:

I've been avoiding prawns because I thought they were off the menu in case of food poisoning! :rofl:

Lookout freezer section, here comes Angelmouse!

Just goes to show that even on the third go round you can learn something new about pregnancy eh?!

Thankyou so much :hugs:

Seriously

I can't believe people have the nerve to tell others what is right or wrong (even if you are wrong). It really irritates me. Sorry you had to sit by this lady all night. Heck, even if you were eating canned tuna, it is not her place to tell you not to do it!

this was my first experience of someone 'telling me what i can and cant eat' really made my blood boil.
at the end of the day, shes the one overweight with an overweight baby because of the way she eats - so i can laugh at her lack of knowledge of whats good and bad :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->