Pregnant but alone

Sorry to hear about your boyfriend, but I'm glad you have your family behind you.
Congrats!

Hiya hun.

Congratulations on the positive test, and am also sorry to hear about your boyfriend. But anyone who would split up with their partner via a social networking site is clearly *not* someone fit to raise a child anyway. You are definitely better off without him.

I know it's nothing to compare to your situation, but I went through a really really awful break-up when I was only slightly younger than yourself. We'd planned to get married and to stay together forever. Engagement rings exchanged and everything. Then I moved halfway across the country to be with him (we'd met in my hometown, but he lived miiiles away) and a few months later we split up. So there I was on my own in a new town with very few friends. And to make things worse we'd got a 1-year lease on our property and neither of us could afford the rent on our own - so I had to stay living with him another 9 months or so!

But it's times like that when you really work out who your friends are and what your priorities in life are. My friends and family were all really supportive, came to visit me, listened to all my ranting, and generally made everything a whole lot easier. (Which was so much more than I deserved, having done that typical thing where everyone else gets ignored when you think yourself so in love that you only want to see that one person!)

And, yes, at times it really felt like my life was all crumbling down then, like I'd never be happy again and I was totally alone. But now I'm in a relationship that makes me happier than I ever imagined I could be, know to really appreciate the friends that are still there for me whenever I need them, and am doing much more with my life than I would have had I remained in that situation.

Things will get better for you.

Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy.

Lu x

Thanks Luccullan... That must of been hard on you.. It weird cuz i dont feel so scared now. i think i am going to be ok. :)

Hi Crystal, congratulations on your pregnancy first-off! The situation with your former OH is incredibly hard-sounding. You'll find loads of support and friends here though. Take care. :cloud9:

Congratulations on your :bfp: hun.

I'm really sorry to hear of everything that has happened with you but i'm glad you have supportive people around you. I'm sure you are going to be fine...even better, you'll be great!

Good luck :hugs:

Congratulations on your :bfp: hun.

I'm really sorry to hear of everything that has happened with you but i'm glad you have supportive people around you. I'm sure you are going to be fine...even better, you'll be great!

Good luck :hugs:

Thanks Rebaby...
I know I will be ok now... :hugs: So much support and I dont know what I would have done with out this forum. Probably would have been an emotional wreck lol. How far along are ya and when is your DD?

Thanks Rebaby...
I know I will be ok now... :hugs: So much support and I dont know what I would have done with out this forum. Probably would have been an emotional wreck lol. How far along are ya and when is your DD?

Glad you're feeling okay. I know what you mean about this place, i have found it a real lifeline at times this past month or so.

I am exactly 6 weeks along today and i will have my first early scan on wednesday to hopefully confirm that i am 6w5d and fingers crossed get to see LoveEgg's heartbeat! EDD is 20th November, how about you?

What a frakking immature asshole! Couldn't be man enough to do it in person? Had to do it on Facebook for everyone to see?

You will be better without him.

Hey Rebaby.... My due Day is Nov22nd.. Really close to Yours WoooHooo :)
To Aria.. Yeah he hasnt really been a man about this whole ordeal.. He is STILL trying to get me to terminate.. I hate that about him because he knows its NEVVVVVVER going to happen. But he wrote that in a message.. Not on my wall lol.. Or else he would have gotten his car keyed. (OUCH!) LOL

Hunny first off HUGE congrats on your BFP even though it was unplanned. Second I commend you for going through this pregnancy alone. I am very upset with him on the other hand for just backing out like that. Religion or not you do not leave a woman that you got pregnant just because the baby came before your marriage...

:hugs: wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Hiya and welcome to BnB! Congrats on the pg and I'm so sorry to hear your bf behaving like such an idiot. You say he's a Muslim, but he wants you to have an abortion? :shock: What is that about?! So he is just afraid of his family rather than actually being religious himself. And dumping you on FB? :shock:

You sound like a very strong lady who will most definitely cope on your own and probably do a much better job of it than with this guy- I think it sounds like he needs to grow up a bit, hun.

You will be absolutely fine I'm sure. It might not be easy, but I don't think that really depends on whether you've got a bloke at your side or not. You have support of your family and friends, and you have already shown that you have guts by accepting the responsibility to keep this baby. You'll find plenty of support on here - both moral support and practical advice. You will be fine :hugs:

Hey Krystal - I am so shocked that your bf would do that to you but honey you are SOOO better off without him if this is the way he behaves. I am glad you have found support from your family and you will always find support here. Why not start up a preggo journal so we can all keep a close eye on you xx

Hi Hun
If he really wanted to be with you he would my oh is asian, he left his family to be with me and we are happy, i think he is just using it as a excuse to not face upto his responbilitys. Im sure you will do just fine on your own have a healthy pregnancy xx

So sorry hun, congrats on your baby, and best of luck with everything :hugs:

I just read your message now. You are not alone. Big :hug: to you. My sister went through a very similar situation and her boyfriend dumped her as soon as she said forget abortion. He told her she was ruining her life, etc... Now, she has three kids, is married, is a registered nurse specialized in the ER, and has a big house with two nice cars. Her daughter, Amanda, is now 10 years old. Everything will turn out OK. It may not be how you planned it, but you can work it into your plans...new plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->