Pregnant but dont know how far along

Twinkle 3

Reaction score
Hi ladies i need a little help if you can :)

I got pregnant on my pill and i havnt a clue how far on i am. Im wondering if you can help me work out how far i am with your symptoms? I know everyones different but hoping for a guideline :)

I took my pill at the end of january all way through without a break until 9th march, i then didnt bleed on my pill free break and then i started to wonder if i was pregnant but with me been on my pill i thought it wasnt a possibility and waited another 4weeks to see if i missed another bleed, i did, i did a test which came back as positive. Im now stuck not knowing how far along i am, im huessing from my symptoms which are sore boobs, tiredness, back ache that im about 6-7weeks

Thankyou ladies

It really is hard to tell from symptoms alone. Some ladies don't get a single symptom until 8+ weeks and others have everything going from 3+ weeks. Your only real way to know is to request a dating scan. Good luck and congratulations. :)

Congratulations!! How do you feel about being pg?

If you took the pills correctly without a break from January - March, my guess is that you could've gotten pregnant anywhere in that time frame. Sounds like you ovulated on the pill and were already pregnant when you had that 1st pill break - and that's why you didn't bleed....but it's really difficult to tell how far along you might be, since you don't know exactly when you ovulated in the January-March time frame. Are you sure you didn't miss any pills at any time? Were you late in taking any? If so, that might help you figure out when you could have ovulated.

You might be further along than 6-7 weeks. I guess a doctor would have to say for sure. Can you book a scan?

Congrats!

Can you buy a digi test? At least then it will tell you a little more, although may just say 3 weeks +.

Your Dr will be the best bet as they will try and calculate it or give you a scan to find out how far along you are, although I'd guess that you were pregnant before you didn't have the bleed in your break.

Symptoms are hard to try and work out how far gone you are as they can vary from person to person. tiredness and sore boobs are often first signs in early pregnancy and have read people having these at as early as 4 weeks xx

The lay lady on here that got pregnant on the pill turned out to be 32 weeks along lol !! I think symptoms are difficult to go by you should deff ask for a scan :) congratulations are you happy about ur news ?

I'm guessing if you have missed two periods, you may be closer to 8 weeks. I would ask your doctor to do an ultrasound.

Can't tell by symptoms alone, this is my 4th preg and I have had different symptoms at different stages with all my pregnancies. You could be a bit further on, or not far on at all! Try taking a cb digi with conception indicator, other than that try to get referred for an early scan!

Can you do digital test, at least it will show 1-2/2-3/3+ and ask your doctor for dating scan

I dont have period since November last year,
But been testing from time to time
My first symptom was increased sense of smell, thats when i tested and showed 2-3 weeks. I have dating scan next week and i recon i would be 8 weeks by then, but you never know :)

Thankyou everyone so much for your help:) i have been reffered for a scan and its next thursday, so ill find out for sure then. I took a test and it says 3+ weeks so that wasnt much help either, i didnt miss any pills but i was late taking a few but i cant remember when i was late taking them. I am also very happy with the news even though it was a huge shock :) im just anxious to know how far along i am and wish i could know sooner. Other than that im sat thinking and thinking of anything that could help me guess how far along i am. its driving me crazy not knowing xx

I agree that you should ask for a dating scan. Explain the situation and try to get in for a scan. From the way you explained your dates, you definitely could be farther then 6-7 weeks.

I see youve got a scan booked thats good :)

I found out i was pregnant while on the pill i was suffering with bad cramps. I was told risk ectopic is higher i had scan 3 days later.

Women at family planning guess me to be 12w from what i told her at the most, i was actually 19 weeks.

All the best

Aww congrats love.

Good u got a scan booked in atleast then ull know where you stand:)

Good luck :flower:

Glad you have a scan next week!
I bet it was a shock :)
Keep us updated!

Wow congratulations. Looking forward to finding out how far you are!

Congratulations. It sounds like you could be anywhere between 8-12 to me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->