Pregnant Diet & Exercise Routines?

RaychBunni

Reaction score
Anybody have good diets and exercise routines for pregnant women?

Currently I'm cutting out the red meat that baby is craving (I was vegetarian until I got pregnant :haha:) and replacing it with white meat and two or three servings of fish a week. (I've been reading about omega 3 improving child's IQ, so long low mercury levels, if you know what fish this includes please let me know) Increasing fruit's and vegetables. I've been wanting fruit non-stop. I'm only having cakes very rarely, mostly because baby likes to make me puke them back up :dohh: it has to be fruity puddings. :shrug:

I'm also using wholegrain pasta and bread as well as replacing fatty foods like deep fat fried chips with wedges or jacket's. I'm hard boiling my egg's too. It's lovely with toast and a pinch of salt.

Exercise wise, I have a damaged foot that I'm not supposed to exercise on, but when my partner finally gets my bandage I should be able to do a lot more. I have a wii, and use wii fit and 'just dance' my friend loves coming over so we can do the dancing together.

I'm also ordering a lovely new swimdress so I can go swimming very often, hopefully at least weekly.

Sorry it's an essay. Anyone got any good hints and tips to loosing weight whilst pregnant. I'm not overly obsessed, I'm 16-17stone (shooting up and down) and 5'5 which is a very bad BMI. I'm wanting to loose at least a stone whilst pregnant. After pregnancy over a good healthy time I'd like to be 11-13st and to have decent muscle's that I can run around without being in pain so easily.

Anybody have good diets and exercise routines for pregnant women?

Currently I'm cutting out the red meat that baby is craving (I was vegetarian until I got pregnant :haha:) and replacing it with white meat and two or three servings of fish a week. (I've been reading about omega 3 improving child's IQ, so long low mercury levels, if you know what fish this includes please let me know) Increasing fruit's and vegetables. I've been wanting fruit non-stop. I'm only having cakes very rarely, mostly because baby likes to make me puke them back up :dohh: it has to be fruity puddings. :shrug:

I'm also using wholegrain pasta and bread as well as replacing fatty foods like deep fat fried chips with wedges or jacket's. I'm hard boiling my egg's too. It's lovely with toast and a pinch of salt.

Exercise wise, I have a damaged foot that I'm not supposed to exercise on, but when my partner finally gets my bandage I should be able to do a lot more. I have a wii, and use wii fit and 'just dance' my friend loves coming over so we can do the dancing together.

I'm also ordering a lovely new swimdress so I can go swimming very often, hopefully at least weekly.

Sorry it's an essay. Anyone got any good hints and tips to loosing weight whilst pregnant. I'm not overly obsessed, I'm 16-17stone (shooting up and down) and 5'5 which is a very bad BMI. I'm wanting to loose at least a stone whilst pregnant. After pregnancy over a good healthy time I'd like to be 11-13st and to have decent muscle's that I can run around without being in pain so easily.

To lose weight you need to restrict calories and this is the last thing your body and growing baby needs!!
If you cut down on calories, your body takes what it needs and any left over go to the baby; so if that is not enough, this can lead to baby's organ development problems ie brain, heart etc :nope:

It is not recommended to lose weight in pregnancy but try to limit the amount you gain.
Have a chat with your midwife about it

your healthy eating and exercise plans sounds good!!!
good luck
:hugs:

Pregnant women should not hold a restrictive diet. You need to eat all foods. Best to follow the food pyramid.

Bread, Grain, Cereal and Pasta Form the Base

At the base of the food pyramid, you will see the group that contains breads, grains, cereals and pastas. These foods provide complex carbohydrates, which are an important source of energy, especially for a low-fat meal plan.

Fruits and Vegetables
Fruits and vegetables are rich in nutrients. Many are excellent sources of vitamin A, vitamin C, folate or potassium. They are low in fat and sodium and high in fiber.

Beans, Eggs, Lean Meat and Fish
Meat, poultry and fish supply protein, iron and zinc. Non-meat foods such as dried peas and beans also provide many of these nutrients.

Dairy Products

Products made with milk provide protein and vitamins and minerals, especially calcium.

Fats and Sweets

A food pyramid's tip is the smallest part, so the fats and sweets in the top of the Food Pyramid should comprise the smallest percentage of your daily diet. The foods at the top of the food pyramid should be eaten sparingly because they provide calories but not much in the way of nutrition. These foods include salad dressings, oils, cream, butter, margarine, sugars, soft drinks, candies and sweet desserts.

How Many Servings Are Right

Grain Group servings 9

Vegetable Group Servings 4

Fruit Group servings 3

Milk Group Servings 3

Meat Group 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members