Pregnant immediately after missed miscarriage?

Bri1219

Reaction score
I had my first BFP on 2/2. First scan on 2/20, should have been 7+2. Yolk sac seen, no baby. Another scan 1 week later, 1.8mm fetal pole. Said I was probably just earlier than I thought. 3rd scan today, it grew but not a whole lot, measuring 5+5. Could see the flicker of a heartbeat but couldn't hear it yet. So either I'm measuring 2-3 weeks behind, or is it possible I had a really early missed miscarriage, then got pregnant immediately after since we stopped using protection. The baby has grown each time and looks good for 5+5, but my dates and SEVEN positive tests the week of 2/2 don't add up. I want this little gift so badly, and am hoping to hear positive stories from situations like mine.

Are you asking if you could have had a missed miscarriage after the 2/2 positive tests, and the scan today was a new pregnancy? If so, then I'd have to say no. You didn't mention bleeding which would have happened with a miscarriage. Also, the time line wouldn't make sense. It takes time to miscarry and then after the bleeding, you'd have to ovulate and so on. I'm sorry your dates are out by so much. Hopefully things catch up. Best to you.

I see what you're asking but I don't see how it could be a new pregnancy if you didn't have any bleeding in between. There is an extremely rare possibility that you may have released two eggs and lost the older twin that your pregnancy test picked up but the other one survived. Eggs can implant up to a week apart and the first twin could have been absorbed by the body. Even with a vanishing twin though people typically have some kind of bleed, although not as heavy as a period. If there is a flicker of a heartbeat that is a really positive sign, especially for only 5w5d. Usually a heartbeat can't be seen or heard until 6 1/2 weeks. This is the only explanation for your dates being so off that I could see. The other is it may be possible your uterus is severely tilted that your tech couldn't get a proper measurement of the baby (or get a heartbeat reading yet) but again this is unusual. I wish you the best of luck and I hope it is a positive outcome for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->