Pregnant nanny

Mtnlotus

Reaction score
I started a new job in December as a newborn nanny for a family who also has a 6 year old. I was hired to be long term but I recently found out my husband and I are expecting our first baby this fall! I had just assumed I would tell the family around 12 weeks and it wouldn't be a big deal but I have had multiple people voice concern I could easily be fired on the spot. Reasons being I was hired long term and I wouldn't be returning after the baby so they may want to just find someone sooner then later before the children get more attached. They voice how much they love me as their nanny as well as the kids and I would love to stay through summer but couldn't come back to the 70+ hour weeks post baby. Should I wait until the last minute to tell them in case they do fire me or hope they will be understanding if I offer to help find and train my replacement?

I am a nanny as well and not planning to return once the baby is born. I never had a contract or anything so really there is nothing holding me to this job. We discussed me being long term, but nothing was out in writing.

I waited until second tri (I was about 13 1/2 weeks when I told them) and they were very understanding. I told the mother I had a MMC with my last pregnancy so wanted to wait until being in the "safe" zone and after my 12 week ultrasound to tell them. She was perfectly understanding. Although in my case the mom is pregnant and due in April so as of right now they asked me to stay an extra two weeks so they won't need to find anyone knew before her baby comes. Then she has three months off so right now I think the dad is thinking about taking time off after that so as of right now they aren't looking for anyone else.

But I gave them two months notice (was planning to be gone mid March now beginning of April as they asked me to stay longer) and were very thankful I gave them so much notice. So even though I waited until second tri I was able to give them plenty of time. And before they weren't going to look for anyone I told them I would help them find someone and train them and whatnot. But I did start working for them last April right after my D&C so I've been with them a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->