Pregnant or Not?

vixi

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm new here and I'm hoping I'm at the right place. heh...

I have a 2 year old son and I think I might be pregnant again. A little while after I gave birth to my first child, I went back to my OBG Dr. and had an IUD inserted. I pretty much agreed to this before I did a lot of research on them, and always heard that they don't prevent pregnancy 100%, but are pretty close. Anyway... for the last 2-3 months my periods haven't been normal. I would bleed for 4-5 days and stop from anywhere between an hour to a day. I'm thinking this is because of my IUD, but how odd of it to throw my period off after almost 2 years of having it. So two weeks ago it just completely stopped and I haven't had it since. I did have sexual intercourse before and after my period, but I really don't know how long before my period ended that I had sex. But I had sex 2 days after my period was gone. Aside from that, my breasts have been slightly achy. Not to the point where they cannot be touched, but there is a little bit of pain there. I have also been going to the bathroom at least twice as much as I used to. Putting these things together, I started to wonder if I was pregnant, so I waited because I didn't wanna jump the gun in case I wasn't. But it's been about two weeks and no period. Yes, I have been cramping, but I have been for 4 days now and my period normally comes within a day after I start cramping. Sometimes 30 minutes later! Last night I decided that I couldn't wait any longer, so I bought a home pregnancy test. It was one of the generic kind, since I didn't wanna spend $15.00 on something that I'm going to pee on and throw away. This was the same brand of test that I used whenever I was pregnant with my son, and it worked fine. This morning I didn't have to pee a whole lot, but I took the test anyway. I sort of skimmed through the directions, thinking that I knew what I was doing. After I peed on the stick for 2 seconds, I looked at the test and it was moving really slow. So I pee on it some more. After I peed on it again, the speed of the test was a lot better. Anyway, after that was all said and done, I held the test in my hands and watched it give me the results. It came out negative! Needless to say I was disappointed. So I put the test on the bathroom counter and read the directions. This time, I read them word for word. It said to pee on it for at least 10 seconds (which I didn't) and to place it on a flat surface for at least 3 minutes (which I didn't). I wasn't supposed to touch it at all, because my movement could give me a false result.

Sorry for the long story, but I figured if I wanted accurate advice, I shouldn't leave anything out. So am I pregnant? Should I take another test just to make sure, or should I just let it go?

My boyfriend doubted for two days, that I was pregnant (that was when I told him that I might be). He couldn't quite explain my symptoms, but kept telling me that it would be a waste of money to buy a test.

What should I do?? Like I said above, this is the same type of test that I took whenever I was pregnant with my first child. I only had to take one and it told me that I was pregnant. I am so confused and I'm not sure what I should do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hiya .. firstly welcome to B&B :D

Maybe you should wait another couple of days and if AF hasnt turned up then take another test.

Good luck .. fingers crossed for you.

Welcome to BnB ...

echo trinitys words!

GL!

xxx

Thank you both for your advice... I'll wait a couple of more days and see what happens. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->