Pregnant, terrified of losing our baby again, irregular gestational sac? Scan attach

Tattybear2706

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Im 6 weeks 2 days pregnant following ivf. No symptoms at all apart from slight breast tenderness caused by cyclogest/progesterone (I know its cyclogest because i had this symptom before pregnancy).

Ive had slow doubling numbers this pregnancy. Which is what happened with my other 2 miscarriages (ivf as well) Soooo terrified i will lose this baby as well!

I saw a slow flickering hb at 6 weeks 0 days but not sure if the gestational sac was an irregular shape. Here is the scan, left handside of sac not smooth, has 3 straight sides! Also more prominent on the first photo at the left hand side there is like a black line coming out of the sack, like a gap where I assume fluid can leak out.

https://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy266/jammyredstripe/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpg

Next scan on 8th May. We have been trying for 9years and had numerous ivf/fets.

Im so scared what the next scan will show x

I don't have any advice I'm afraid but just wanted to send you lots of love and hugs. I really hope your lo is doing well and everything turns out fine. I can't imagine the journey you've been on, I hope this is your happy ending x x

That does not look irregular at all! Irregular sacs are usually long or flat or not symmetrical. The probe angle will influence what you are seeing. It looks perfectly round in the 1st pic and a hb is a great sign.

I hope all is ok! Did the Dr give you any feedback? It looks normal to me, but I don't really know what to look for

Thank you for the replies. Never seen a scan with a gap/line coming out of it before so worried about it, I'm not going to beat myself up about being worried because after nearly a decade of wanting a baby and miscarriages I think its normal.

The nurse didn't say anything but not sure how much the nurses know at my acu clinic about the details of scans x

Try not to worry Hun ( i know it is easier said), but what will be will be. If this baby is ur sticky, no gap or hole or low hcg will affect him or her. I really really hope that this is ur rainbow baby. Good luck Hun xx

I'm not sure, but it looks normal to me. Couldn't you call your doctor and ask him/her to take a look and talk to you about your fears? You're right--you shouldn't beat yourself up for worrying. I worried a lot with both of my kids. I think it's normal to have some anxiety during pregnancy.

That doesnt look irregular hun. Looks good to me. I had ivf and when I had first scan I had one sac looked just like that and the other long and thin which I was told was irregular and would just reabsorb which by the next scan it had. Fingers crossed for your sticky bean. Im 5 weeks tommorrow after having 2 mc so im with you on the nerves. Xx

That doesnt look irregular hun. Looks good to me. I had ivf and when I had first scan I had one sac looked just like that and the other long and thin which I was told was irregular and would just reabsorb which by the next scan it had. Fingers crossed for your sticky bean. Im 5 weeks tommorrow after having 2 mc so im with you on the nerves. Xx

Thanks for the reassurance. My next scan is thursday so not long to wait. Im sorry to hear about your losses. I hope this one grows healthy and strong. Give those babies you do have a massive hug and hopefully you will feel much better xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->