Pregnant with 3rd.. how do i tell my daughters????

miami8312

Mom of 2 and bump
Reaction score
Hi everyone im new here, just found out im pregnant with baby no.3, i have 2 daughters a 6 yr old and a 15 yr old.My 15 year old is a miserable teenager who doesnt get along with her sister and doesn't like to be around family much. She says she hates kids and if i ever have another one shes going to run off. My 6 year old isn't so bad so im not too worried about her. I dont know how on earth my eldest is going to take it. How do i tell her?? Also i've got my father to tell aswell who has always put me off having more children and has always said i must be mad if i considered having anymore. I should be happy but instead im worrying myself sick thinking how to tell everyone. Anyone got any advice? Is there anyone who has been in my situation with a very unsupporting family that has too much to say? Would love to hear your views...

Just tell them. My 13yr old started crying and said no..she wasnt thrilled. My parents were not supportive either.

I'm one of 7 kids ranging between 32-13 and there was an 8 year gap between me and my next brother, then my mum had another 3 kids when I was 10, 11 and 14. When i was 13/14 I found the attention that my mum gave the younger siblings quite difficult and felt a bit pushed out, and I know she was really upset with how I felt which I regret massively. But honestly as time went on I loved them all so so much and I wouldn't change anything and we are all so close you wouldn't believe.

It may be difficult to tell her but just reiterate that you love them all and that's not going to change. She might get a strop on because it is a big change but I believe she will come round. I would be honest about how worried you have been about telling her too, it might make her come to her senses because I remember the day my parents told me about my youngest sister and straight away I felt guilty because of all of the things I'd said not realising my mum was already carrying my little sister.

As for your Dad, you're a grown woman and if he's not supportive then that's absolutely on him and I would express your disappointment in that too. My grandparents (mostly my nan to be honest) made countless comments to my mum about not using protection each time she told them she was pregnant, and I know it hurt her. But at the end of the day, this is your family and you're entitled to have 10 kids if you so wish!!

I know it feels like a lot at the moment, and the stress won't be doing you any good but please don't let it affect your pregnancy experience, I obviously don't know your daughter or Dad but I do believe once they're actually faced with the news they will react differently and hopefully be supportive.

Thinking of you!

xo

Thankyou so much for your reply, thats really helped me a lot. I think i need to stop worrying and concentrate on my wellbeing and my family. Thankyou xox

Hi hon.
She may act up at first but I reckon she will come around to the idea in the end when she gets used to it.
I have a 15 year old daughter and oh my goodness they are hard at that age so I totally feel ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->