Pregnant with a toddler

Bundle of joy

Reaction score
So is there anyone who's pregnant with a toddler? My little lady is 3 on Monday, just wondering how your all preparing for it. Also is there anyone out there who have a few children? If so how do you manage? We live in a 2 bedroom house and our little one sleeps in her bed next to my bed, ideally I'd love her to be in her own room, but I can't see that happening.

Yep, I'm almost 9 weeks with an almost 2 year old. I'm a sahm and having a hard time, especially this week. I'm hoping things will get better after first trimester hormones settle, but might be wishful thinking. I live for nap times so I can rest but they seem to be getting shorter, only an hour today :( I just want to lay in bed by myself all day! We r in a small house that I already feel like is ripping at the seams but are looking to move in the next few months.

Yup, DS will turn three a few weeks after this baby is due (hopefully I get that far!)

I'm finding it very hard, tired all the time and sick for weeks on end, although I'm having a few really good days just now.

I'm not sure when we'll tell DS, he's very tactile and is a huge mummy's boy so goodness knows how a sibling will go down 🙈

Yup I have a 5 year old, a 14 month old and I'm 6w+3 with our 3rd! We live in a 2 bed house but my two already share a room. The new arrival will have to be in our room until we can afford to convert the attic.

I'm shattered! I work part time in a very busy nhs job, plus being mummy and wife at every other moment. Feeling very sick just now which doesn't work well at work but I just tell myself it'll get better. Nervous about going from 2-3 but also very excited. Bring on the madness! 😱😂

What's it like having to? Like bringing a new born into the situation? Did you cope well? How was the sleeping arrangements

Well my DD had turned a year old the same month we brought our DS home. Having 2 under 2, almost 2 under 1 was extremely difficult in the beginning. I couldn't leave DS on the floor to practice his tummy time without DD being all over him (not stepping on him, just trying to poke his eyes and pick him up, which we of course wouldn't let her do) and I was worried that he would be a late walker. He actually started walking sooner than DD did, who got plenty of tummy time as the firstborn. He also started talking before she did. Now they play together all the time and it gives me some time to get things done because they aren't requiring my attention all the time, which is nice. The beginning is rough and you will probably have to use a playpen or a baby corral a lot with your second born but I think it'll work out in the end :)

(I'm now pregnant with #3 so I'm going to have two toddlers under 4 by the time our rainbow is here which will be even more challenging)

It is hard in the beginning, but it's just because you're all adjusting. I felt so guilty in the beginning because I wasn't able to give my first child the one on one attention he was used to but we soon all adjusted and it was fine. I just made sure that I was involving him as much as I could in helping me look after the baby. Sleeping arrangements - I invested in a co-sleeping crib with my second and it's honestly the best money I have ever spent! I breastfed and because the baby was right next to me it meant although I was up a good few times in the night - baby was right next to me. My feet didn't have to hit the floor. It made such a difference to sleep quality and so I didn't feel that I struggled quite as much with sleep deprivation 👍. Xx

Hi, I'm 7 weeks with a 3 year old. He will be almost 4 when this one is born. How I'll cope does worry me lol xxx

So is there anyone who's pregnant with a toddler? My little lady is 3 on Monday, just wondering how your all preparing for it. Also is there anyone out there who have a few children? If so how do you manage? We live in a 2 bedroom house and our little one sleeps in her bed next to my bed, ideally I'd love her to be in her own room, but I can't see that happening.

I am pregnant and also have a soon to be going on 2 year old! I can help you with ideas on getting her to sleep on her own if you want :hugs:

I'm almost due to have my second, my first will be 4 in May. Honestly, pregnancy has been so much harder this time, because running after a toddler is draining enough, even more so when you're exhausted from pregnancy! I feel guilty at the moment because I'm aching everywhere, so I can't do a lot with LO on a daily basis.. Luckily she is good, and she's excited about the baby coming, but I am starting to worry about making quality time for me and her with a newborn! Xx

DD will be 3 a few weeks after I'm due, being pregnant with a toddler is so much harder then when I was working full time & pregnant. I'm exhausted! She only naps in the car or occasionally the pushchair so don't get much peace during the day. I've been embracing lots of help from inlaws & my parents & we are hoping to move a bit closer before number 2 arrives! I'm trying to spend as much quality time with DD as I can now but equally I'm exhausted & almost constantly feeling sick so it's not fun! Hoping I can make up for it in second trimester before the SPD kicks in lol

I am 9 weeks pregnant with a 14 month old. This baby is due end of August, my daughter will turn 2 at the end of November. I'm terrified of what's to come in the beginning. All I keep hearing and reading is how difficult it is at the start until you get into a routine. I feel so guilty already for the little time my daughter is going to have with me. I tried for 8 years to get her and now I have a second on the way so soon. :( still trying to adjust to the fact I have another on the way.

My son who turned 4 not long ago still sleeps in the same room as me.

It's good to know I'm not alone though! I don't have too long left and I can't see him going to his room just yet and at the same time I don't want to move him when baby comes as I feel he would get upset and feel like his being pushed out. His also really attached to me and very much a mummy's boy! I worry a lot about leaving him for the birth!

As for pregnancy it's going well, the first 15 weeks was really hard with all day nausea and vomiting but other than that it's ok and I feel like it's flying by due to being busy with my lil one x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->